Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in cleaning out my headset and whatnot and I'm not sure what size headset wrench to get, I measure the adjustable cup (or at least i think that's what it is) with a ruler and measured it to be 4mm across. All the options for headset wrenches to be 32mm or 36mm. How do I figure out what size to buy? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
12" adjustable wrench fits all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm interested in cleaning out my headset and whatnot and I'm not sure what size headset wrench to get, I measure the adjustable cup (or at least i think that's what it is) with a ruler and measured it to be 4mm across. All the options for headset wrenches to be 32mm or 36mm. How do I figure out what size to buy? Thank you.
As nentioned before, check out the Park Tool site. Get yourself the Park Tool Big Blue Book! Get the latest edition. The chapter that covers the repair that you are doing also tells you what tools to use. I've repaired my own bikes for years, but still refer to the book for some repairs. My bike collection goes from the 50's to the 00's! The book that I have covers all of these years!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts