Two Spoke Forums banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts
This isn't about Zwift or any of the other virtual workout rides but it looks as if I'm going to do my first virtual ride starting on Sept 1. Our C2C Ride is going virtual this year because there are no lodging accommodations for a group of 50-60 people to be found. The parks where we normally stop for our lunch breaks are also limited to groups of 10. So this year it is going virtual; and it's a lot less expensive.

They are using an app called My Virtual Mission to do the ride with. Unlike Zwift, the route is laid out by the owner and you go and ride anywhere and anytime you want at any distance you want. You can upload your miles to Strava and connect it to MVM or upload directly to MVM. Once uploaded, MVM will show where along the route you are currently at as well as where other attendees are at along the route. The route is the same 225 mile route that we do every year. The big difference is that instead of the 2 1/2 days we normally do the ride in, this years virtual ride will give you 50 days to complete the route.

I guess that having a virtual ride this year will open the ride to more than the normal 50-60 riders and will allow anyone to ride across Florida at their own pace. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

They moved a lot of the charity and other rides here to virtual. Guess it’s the only option to still keep people engaged. I’m honestly not that interested to do them on a trainer. I’d rather go do them solo somehow.
Apparently that’s what this MVM app does. You ride anywhere you want at whatever distance you want and when the ride is uploaded, it shows those miles along a predetermined route and shows where you are on the route according to the total miles you’ve ridden.

I would have liked to see the time period set for 2 1/2 days to make it more realistic but for some reason or the other, the ride master decided to go with 50 days to complete the ride.

I agree John. It would make it more realistic with the same timeframe.
With 50 days though, it’s likely to have more people aka more finishers.
The actual ride is limited to 60 riders max. Doing it virtually opens the ride up for however many people want to participate. It also allows for those who can’t ride the 60 and 80 mile days to ride at their pace and say they rode across Florida. It will be a good idea for them to do this again but in conjunction with the actual ride. Makes it a best of both words ride.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.