Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
Well...after three nights of no real sleep the temp was nice and warm under the covers! 50s aren;t bad to start as long as it warms up a bit :) I would have to consider leg and arm warmers after a long hot summer. Seems the cooler temps have come quickly this year!

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Mine started off at 76º at 7:15 AM and ended up at 84º at 9:30 AM. The humidity was at 70% but the 12-15 mph winds made for a comfortable but hard ride toward the end.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
No ride for me today as I had to pick up my bike from the shop.:mad:

Temp would have been 51*F under brightly shining sun with zero clouds in the sky! :mad:

I love a cool start and this morning fit that bill to a tee. Had these same conditions a few weeks ago and got to use my brand new arm warmers which was a new experience for me. I loved 'em. Once I got warmed up a bit I could roll 'em off and stuff 'em in my back pocket, without having to get off the bike. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
58 degrees when I set out this morning. 50 when I got home from work last night.

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
I can't shake the chill I have from this AM, part of the problem is I have so much hardware in me that once I get cold it takes a loooooooong time to warm up.

How do you like arm and leg warmers? I'd think they'd be a bit of an annoyance, no?
They are the perfect solution. They don't bother me in the least bit. In fact when was in Dallas last year I saw tonz of folks wearing them in the summer heat. Found out they are same but different , UV blocking. I would not like that I don't believe!

·
600 Posts
Low to mid 70's, felt great! I biked along at a leisurely pace most of the time, on road, gravel trails, just enjoying everything! :)

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,134 Posts
Mid 80's at the start, dropping into the 70's. It was clouded over, so quite nice, if a bit muggy - for here. lol. Beautiful afternoon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Today I was fortunate enough to enjoy sunny-and-75-degrees weather. Low humidity. And fluffy white clouds set against a September-blue sky. Perfect!

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
If I didn't have to take the dawg to the groomers this morning it would have been 52*

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I got a late start 9:30 am it was around 70 and about 78 when I got home. Could not have asked for a better day to ride, 35.8 miles that felt like 10 :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
I got a late start 9:30 am it was around 70 and about 78 when I got home. Could not have asked for a better day to ride, 35.8 miles that felt like 10 :D
Shuweet wild!

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
53* Arm warmers and leg warmers this morning.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
59F over here and blowing agale...wind chill is lower

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
75º when I started and 78º at the end of my 30 mile ride. Humidity was 60% and winds 12-15 mph with some 18-20 mph gusts. Excellent Florida riding day.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts