Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moped? Lark? Hoveround? Emissions Friendly MX? Electric Motorcycle? Offroad Scooter?

Just don't call it a bicycle...............o_O Interesting......sorta but not really. No cardio, probably stupid priced and illegal wherever "no motorized" signs are. Where would you ride it? Wouldn't be welcome on sidewalks or street, not with real motorcycles on MX tracks and not on bike trails either.

·
Two skinny J's
21,185 Posts
Moped? Lark? Hoveround? Emissions Friendly MX? Electric Motorcycle? Offroad Scooter?

Just don't call it a bicycle...............o_O Interesting......sorta but not really. No cardio, probably stupid priced and illegal wherever "no motorized" signs are. Where would you ride it? Wouldn't be welcome on sidewalks or street, not with real motorcycles on MX tracks and not on bike trails either.
Does this belong to Elon Musk??

Reactions: i12ride

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
So, I did some searching and found it on the web. It's made by LunaCycle (Sur-Ron X model) and it's an electric, off road e-Bike. It has an MSRP or $3,900.00 but you can get it on sale for $3,600. You can add a 48 tooth pedal system to it for an additional $200.00 and get a spare battery for a mere $1,200.00. Other options are also available. And it weighs in at a mere 110 lbs (50KG). The question now is .... WHY?

LunaCycle Sur-Ron X

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'd love to try it out but no interest in owning one.........and yeah, figured it'd be stupid heavy and stupid priced. Wouldn't be all crazy about getting something like that all faunky muddy and wet....even though I'm sure it is probably supposed to be weatherproof.

Don't forget the extra $250 to add headlight and another $500 to make it even quieter and cooler with Gates belt drive............

Guess it'd be somethin to score if you wanted a downhill bike that wouldn't need a lift ticket to get back up top. Those bikes get into same price as this even with the extra battery, lights, belt drive so I guess stupid priced might be a tiny overstatement. Still the limited places you'd be welcome to ride it though.

After reading more it seems it can be street legal and has option for supermoto tires more appropriate for that but not sure I'd wanna ride it in traffic.

"These bikes are shipped road legal limited to 20mph and 750 watt to make them legal in most states, a 5 minute modification requiring a simple screw driver will take all limits off the bike to make it a full 5200 watts and illegal for road use in all 50 states

In road legal mode this bike has over 40 miles of range."

They also suggest belt drive with supermoto tire setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts