Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a Fixed Fuji Track 09. I've been craving to change up my bike from stock, so I'm slowly starting to change things little by little. However right now I'm focusing on the crank.

I was wondering if you could help me find a good crank or any recommendations? I was thinking about it being gold too.

I've been looking around, but I wasn't sure if the ones I were looking at were good or priced right. Any nice affordable ones out there?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
What's wrong with your current crank?

And did you want a good crankset, or a gold crankset? I don't think you'll find both. I have the Eighthinch cranks, which are $50. They work fine. You could spend $125 for some All-City cranks, if you're actually racing your bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My current ones are fine. They are the stock ones that come with the funk track 09. I was just trying to see my options out there.

The eighthinch looks nice, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much. =) How do they work out for you?
I'm not racing or anything like that, at least not yet haha, but I'm so far just using my bike to just get me from point a to point b and just explore some tricks or what not. Btw the price was perfect to.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about the pedals? Any suggestions on those @industry_hacker? Now those I need to upgrade for sure too. They're prettymuch plastic all around and so are the toe clips. Would you think metal toe clips would be cool?

What petals do you have?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
If you just want to add a bit of bling, go for the EighthInch cranks. No shame in wanting something shiny, as long as you understand that they're not going to be the stiffest cranks out there. They work well for me, but I'm a spinner, not a masher.

For pedals, that depends on whether you ride single speed or fixed. Even though I have flip-flop hubs, both my bikes are set up as single speeds right now. So one has grippy flats, the other has some nice sealed Wellgo pedals set up for clips and straps.

I've heard nothing but good things about Wabi clips and straps, but you may not want to drop the cash for their Exustar pedals. (Note, I have a Wabi Classic, and I'm very partial to the brand)

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
I hear many good things about omniumns, Definitely overkill on a fui track though. I have sugino messengers on my custom fuji track build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts