Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's for Dinner (with a story)

So my wife is out of town, and yes, that means scrounging around the pantry until I become so hungry that take out is the only option left. So it was off to this local Italian joint that just expanded their family restaurant from NYC to Florida. I guess half the family got tired of the cold weather and decided to head south. I had the best Eggplant Rollatine (stuffed eggplant with ricotta cheese, prosciutto, and mozzerella). It was placed atop a bunch of red sauce that was to die for. I think I've found a diamond in the ruff with this place. They guys that run it look and act like their right out of Long Island, attitude and everything.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funniest thing about it when I picked up my order there was this kid behind the counter just standing around with his apron over his shoulder. I heard him say to one of the regulars that he's off, just waiting on his paycheck. I think the owners were messing with him and watching to see how long he'd wait around for his check. He looked a bit too timid to ask for it, or maybe he knew better. He's going to have to grow a pair or those NYC guys will mess with the whole time.

With this thread be sure to include some sort of entertaining story to go along with your food, not just what you ate.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
When I was 13, I worked at a seafood market owned and run by a fine New York Italian family that had relocated to SoCal. Being a family operation, they treated me like a little brother. So I was locked in the cooler, and dangled over the lobster tank by my ankles. The best was when they taped my pay to the ceiling, so it hung down a bit. All I had to do was get a running start, jump up, and grab it. Before I could start, they took a giant shovel full of ice and dumped it on the tile floor. Good times.

I really enjoyed working there. They had the best fish and chips, I learned to prepare all sorts of seafood dishes, and it wasn't too unusual to split a five pound lobster with someone for lunch once in a while.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah, a 5 five pound lobster would hit the spot right about now. Those italians love to mess around.

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Not quite a 5# Maine Lobster but it was what was for dinner! Sea scallops, asparagus, sweet potato with butter and brown sugar and Ribeye :cool: All grilled to perfection. How many miles penance will I have to do? Maybe I should cap it all off with a nice Stout and Cohiba...naw guess I'll go walk the dawg

________
Just realized I broke the rules for this thread Weav :eek:...sorry.

Attachments

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
I tossed a non-descript frozen lobster tail on the grill (thawed of course), never did it before and man alive that was GREAT!!! Will be doing that again!!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Had vegetarian enchiladas for dinner. Killer! So I made my facebook status a Jack Handy quote...

“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting”

~ Jack Handy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts