Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have HATE with a passion having to but lunch and 99.9 % of the time I don't. I only have a 1/2 hour lunch break and never know where i'm going to be. I go out of my way to try and make a good lunch everyday. It varies but this is the basis of lunch. Tavern Ham and baby Swiss cheese sandwich, banana, apple, dried figgs, bowl of fruit ( Strawberries, black grapes, blueberries, rasberries in this batch usually fresh pineapple and this summer will include watermellon), Oikos, and my down fall... Gramdma Utz handcooked potato chips.... 3 bottles of water and 1 Gatorade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
After just finishing a huge piece of vanilla bean cheesecake and knowing that I packed all the necessities to make tacos for lunch, I feel like a fat slob after reading and seeing this. Thanks, Rola. :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After just finishing a huge piece of vanilla bean cheesecake and knowing that I packed all the necessities to make tacos for lunch, I feel like a fat slob after reading and seeing this. Thanks, Rola. :)
lol, anytime I can help. I gota be honest that sounds much better tho!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Normally pack Tuna fish mixed with boiled egg bits and Hellmann's Mayo on whole wheat sandwich thins, Pretzel Crisps ( am really diggin the pepper jack flavor for now but they have quite a few tasty varieties) usually a couple of sweet gherkin pickles, and a chocolate dipped Clif Mojo for the sweet spot.

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally pack Tuna fish mixed with boiled egg bits and Hellmann's Mayo on whole wheat sandwich thins, Pretzel Crisps ( am really diggin the pepper jack flavor for now but they have quite a few tasty varieties) usually a couple of sweet gherkin pickles, and a chocolate dipped Clif Mojo for the sweet spot.
I have found Famous Dave's pickles to be awesome but I do love the gherkins too!
Famous Dave's Pickles

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You can prepare my lunch any time, Rola. I chuckle when I see Oikos, though. That was the name of some ultra high priced Italian paint I used 20 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
BeginnerCycling said:
Today was a good tasting/bad for me lunch day: huevos rancheros, tortillas, rice, re-fried beans (fry 'em twice!), and mandatory chips and salsa. I'll be good tomorrow.
That's close to a perfect breakfast. Had you had some spuds and chorizo, then perfect! My favorite one, especially with some freshly squeezed oj.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Spent three days with my son and his girlfriend, celebrating his 21st birthday. Probably best that I don't divulge our food and beverage consumption.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
That's close to a perfect breakfast. Had you had some spuds and chorizo, then perfect! My favorite one, especially with some freshly squeezed oj.
Absolutely! One of the best breakfasts I can recall was at a mom & pop place in Santa Fe, NM, with huevos rancheros, refried beans, mashed potatoes & gravy, and a "small" serving of chicken fried steak (also with gravy). I would gain 100 pounds if I lived near that place!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Had a yummy Jimmy John's turkey sub today. First time in weeks I haven't taken my lunch to work. Love their bread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Poolie said:
Had a yummy Jimmy John's turkey sub today. First time in weeks I haven't taken my lunch to work. Love their bread.
LOL. I've been on crutches for 4 weeks and since JJs delivers, I've had it at least 4 days a week. Still really good though.

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Liverworst, greens, Saurkraut and a little coconut bread.

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gonna be the same today :)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
BeginnerCycling said:
I think inside I still have the maturity of a 16 year old, because every time I see this thread pop up with a new post, some kind of "you mama" joke just pops into my head. SMH. Forgive me, carry on.
Such as:
Your mama so fat, she broke her leg and gravy came out.

That kind if thing?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts