Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding forty three miles this weekend weather permitting and I was wondering what's the average length of you long hauls?

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
20 a day 4 days a week. Still growing that number tho. Haven't been in the saddle that long. :)

·
Boston Biker
123 Posts
Based on all my rides: Jan 20, Feb 29, March 34, April 34, May 42, June 33, July 52, Aug 39, Sep 50, Oct 47 and Nov 44 but these are estimates.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
22-25 mi/day until clock change, now 15-18 and come home in the dark....daylight savings time sucks!!!!!

I try to ride at least an hour+ per day, distance depends on how much UP and how much WIND.....

DrB

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
40 can be a long ride, depending on YOUR ride; 40 on a MTB is a bit tougher than 40 on a road bike. Wider tires, less aero, more weight....

I did a local charity tour a few years ago -- supposed to be 35 miles, poorly marked course, we got lost and did 50 that day.

That, and every year, AT LEAST ONCE, my bud & I do the local MUP in its entirety -- presently 46 miles RT.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
22-25 mi/day until clock change, now 15-18 and come home in the dark....daylight savings time sucks!!!!!

I try to ride at least an hour+ per day, distance depends on how much UP and how much WIND.....

DrB
I like to call it "daylight wasting time"

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
2 short rides on weeknights (none between mid Oct- mid Apr) are usually 30-40 and a long one on the weekend around 60-70. Here in Sweden it's just too dark and nasty for the evening rides during the above mentioned period so it's off to the gym for spinning instead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My average long ride is now over 60. My average weekly is 100+ and rapidly approaching 150. Over the next few months I'll be doing long rides of 90 to 100 with weekly totals of 200+

getting ready for a cross country tour next summer

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Put it in the blog. Bad Friends kid got sick and ended bending my rear rim screwing around in the city. I'm never trying it ever again.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
See that now. It's a rather short entry, Smiley. Don't get too frustrated, Funetical. Crap happens! Tell your buddy he owes you a beer or four for indirectly causing all of that.

I thought I never want to ride again after a totally miserable Hotter'n Hell a few years back, especially with the unmentionable practice I was subjected to in the medical tent. But I'm glad I got back going.

Like you said at the end, "maybe next weekend."

·
Boston Biker
123 Posts
First Funetical now Xela leave us hanging for more details.

I'm with Smiley on this, what happened Funetical?

Xela, can you at least hint what happened? Saddle sores put on exhibit for all the docs, nurses, attendants, candy stripers, administrators, doormen, passerbyes?
Turn to the right and cough? Prostate exam? Come on!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Let's just say I wish they would have taken my temperature under my arm. I'll also say that unsaid method of temperatue determination made me bleed. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts