Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a newbee I would like to ask how often do you stop for a rest 5 mi., 10mi.?? Does it matter? As often as you like?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
With this old blader more often than I like, thank God for them woods roads lots of them out here. :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well what I do is that the people that make the gels say eat one and drink water about every 20 to 30 minutes. Instead of trying to eat on the fly, I stop, take the gel and drink, stretch for a few minutes, then continue

·
Registered
657 Posts
I second Dean....it all depends on that particular ride. If I am "training" for endurance, I push it as long as I can, always remembering I have to have something in the tank to get home. If its a recreational ride, I will stop more often. If I am doing a "destination" ride, I usually stop often to take pictures of the scenery.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
i roll with the same idea as when im on my motorcycles, its not ever about the destination just about the journey

Right on EXACTLY my thoughts on riding. I ride for the ride and stop when I feel the need to. I don't use standard bike water bottles either I have 2 liter soda bottles I take with me so when I'm thirsty I stop, plus I generally walk the bigger hills anyway so gives me a reason to stop to. I know I know but old single speed coaster bike LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts