Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I was sitting inside a McDonald's restaurant, when I saw the prettiest all white single speed bicycle roll up to the door with the cutest dark skinned teenaged girl mounted on top.

I asked her about the name of the bike, and she said it was a Fuji. As soon as I got home I Googled Fuji and urban and soon saw the bike.

It was a Fuji Feather, one of the prettiest single speeds I've ever seen.

2012_FUJI_FEATHER_WHITE.jpg
The Fuji Feather

Hey! What do you guys think about the prettiest single speed you've ever seen before?

Where were you?

What kinda single speed was it?

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Stock" being the operative word, and excluding race bikes, I'm all about the Trek District in Vintage grey. I'm a bit biased, of course, but two years on and I'm still not tired of looking at mine (it's a great riding bike to boot):

Something about the unlikely pairing of grey and orange just gets me.

Edit: Color looks like crap in that lighting, here's another one I found on teh interwebs (not mine):

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Stock" being the operative word, and excluding race bikes, I'm all about the Trek District in Vintage grey. I'm a bit biased, of course, but two years on and I'm still not tired of looking at mine (it's a great riding bike to boot):

Edit: Color looks like crap in that lighting, here's another one I found on teh interwebs (not mine):

Yeah, I say toss the first pic altogether!...She's just beautiful!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I was perusing bikesdirect this morning when I happened upon this beauty:

ktt_chrome_600.jpg

The Mercier Kilo TT Stripper Chrome Edition

PS.

Too bad they're plumb out of stock! :(

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got one of those, too! Mine's "raw", they didn't offer chrome when I bought it. Bikes direct can be dangerous, they just make it so easy! lol. Seems like a good bike for the money, although it's the only fixie I've ever ridden so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I probably ride this one the most out of all my bikes, if not in outright mileage (my road bike) then in terms of number of rides. I've come to really like riding fixed, and this one was cheap enough that I don't worry too much about locking it up somewhere and leaving it alone for a while. I'm too paranoid about the trek to leave it unattended.

I've made a few changes from stock, nothing crazy, and I've chopped the steerer tube down since this pic was taken to get rid of all those spacers:

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
i'm just gonna leave this here...

·
Frickle Frack
462 Posts

This thing is sexy. Id be afraid to run that chain through it. I wouldnt want to scratch it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say jamis sputnik for using it as a general single speed / fixie. or mercier kilo TT. mercier is too tracky for the city. uncomfortable for long rides. if you are comparing fuji feather to any of the above you are 200% retard. feather is scam. comes with walmart promax brakes, 19.99$ lasco cranks and cheap basic straight gauge tubing. just seat tube is butted. it's worth 479$ at a bike shop at most. not 700$.

·
259 Posts
Guess what my choice is?

It's not the Wabi I ride.

The hand brazed Wabi Special with the upgraded chromed lugs.
Classic road geometry = nimble, smooth ride. Assuming based on your avatar you are a Reynolds fan. Richard uses Reynolds 725 in the Classic and Special.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts