Two Spoke Forums banner

What's your favorite post ride indulgence?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  okewit 
#1 ·
I'm going to have to vote for burritos and Jarrito orange soda if it was a long one!

#2 ·
I've love a big glass of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein drink (chocolate milk flavor) mixed into skim milk. If I'm not close to home I'll swing into a quicky mart and get a regular ol Chocolate milk.

#3 · (Edited)
regular ol Chocolate milk.
That's quickly becoming my FAVORITE! And I've even seen a lot of endorsements for it from people who claim to know what they're talking about. I also tried some Muscle Milk after an incredibly difficult ride last year, and the legs felt great the next day. However, I haven't been using it since (Probably because I lost most of my motivation for hard rides. Still looking for it, by the way.)

#4 ·
Chocolate milk is a solid way to besiege the gap between post ride snack and solid food meal. Pretty good fat/protein/carb ratio.

#6 ·
Tomorrows post ride indulgence

Attachments

#7 ·
Teriyaki wings from Wingstop. That's the stuff right there!

#9 ·
Milk is kinda gross these days.
Funny, I'm just the opposite. For years you couldn't have gotten me to drink milk for any reason, still needs to be chocolate and Nestles at that. Fruit always sounds good to me after a ride. Some group rides end at coffee shops and I just can't do that after a good hard ride...but I DO LOVE me some Starbucks :D

#10 ·
Industry_Hack said:
I miss the days of a good MTB ride that always seemed to end at a Mexican restaurant. Then it was road rides and cafes. Now it's fig newtons at home with a cold drink. Milk is kinda gross these days.
Post ride burritos are the best for some reason. We did that after a race last year then realized we had to get back into our jerseys after burritos beer and a ton of chips for the podium ceremony. Doh!

#12 ·
lol* ;) well I don't drink much alcohol so I don't have this temptation. But I really like chocolate milk. I read somewhere that chocolate milk is better than a protein shake, because it's healthy and gives a lot of energy, but I'm not sure where I found this article. But since this time I have no bad feeling about this anymore and enjoy my easter chocolate milk without an regrets!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.