Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Bouth are nice looking bikes I can't tell you any thing about them . But I will say there is a lot of difference between Disc brakes ,the brakes on my Futi will flat spot the tires, the ones on my Jamis will get you stoped, bouth are Mecanical disc brakes, I would say ride befor you buy. My.02

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bouth are nice looking bikes I can't tell you any thing about them . But I will say there is a lot of difference between Disc brakes ,the brakes on my Futi will flat spot the tires, the ones on my Jamis will get you stoped, bouth are Mecanical disc brakes, I would say ride befor you buy. My.02
It's hard to ride these bikes as my LBS do not have them to demo....they would have to order them.

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Ummmm...not sure I would order a bike and commit to buying it without trying it out first. Too risky, some perfectly good bikes just don't fit and feel right. We're all different, that's why so many bike companies can stay in business. If it was me I would find a way to try one of these bikes out first.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
You should talk to your LBS and see if thay will get you the one you think you want to take a demo ride on, no obligation to buy. I can tell you that one of my bikes is a 19" and the outher is a 17" the 17" has a longer top tube than the 19, so how can you tell with out a ride if you like the bike or not, and don't belive the dementions thay have in the book my Fuji was listed as 555 top tube and when it came in it had a 575 top tube the bike shop put a 100mm stem on instead of the 120mm that it came with, and Fuji has corected there specs. if it was shorter then the spec could you find a 140mm stem, and if so how would the rest of the frame fit. I want to ride befor I buy with no obligation to buy.
Off my soap box ;)

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I will see if they can order without committment.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ummmm...not sure I would order a bike and commit to buying it without trying it out first. Too risky, some perfectly good bikes just don't fit and feel right. We're all different, that's why so many bike companies can stay in business. If it was me I would find a way to try one of these bikes out first.
It might be time for a road trip! If you can locate one in captivity, see if you can go and pet it. I would have to pet it a lot before I plopped down that much money. Can you find any reviews? Enjoy the quest.

Bob.H

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your input, I will try to work with my LBS.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
I'll echo the "try before you buy" advice above. re: Giant, I think their flat bar bikes mostly have "ergonomic" hand grips. When I tried a different Giant this spring, my own personal craziness but I disliked those grips, and bought something else instead because of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts