Wheel Upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by PowerWhl, Jun 14, 2009.

1. PowerWhl

PowerWhl Guest

So im riding a 08 cannondale f4 and im wondering what a good upgrade would be for the wheels? Maybe lighter? IDK its the first thing I want to do to this bike.

2. PowerWhl

PowerWhl Guest

Tires?

Alright so in my cannondale f4 I do probably 70% on road and 30% off. What would be a good tire selection for the type of riding that I do?

3. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

How much money do you wanna spend or willing to spend? Wheels can be a tricky upgrade. You get what you pay for in a wheelset. I am a huge personal fan of Chris King but most people dont want to spend $600-900 for a wheelset. The big advantage is that the hubs will last forever. Are you looking to upgrade for weight savings, durabilty, etc? Is your bike completely stock right now?

4. zahgurim

zahgurim zero the hero

Some Syncros DS28 (or Halo Freedom discs, they're the same) laced with Sapim CXRays to Hope Pro2 hubs would be a killer strong/light wheelset.

Kings are nice, but $$$. Awesome longevity, though.
    Maintenance on the Hopes is super simple, and easy to do without tools.

As for tires, talk to somebody in your local shop about what's good for local conditions.

5. Neuner

Neuner New Member

If that's the case and I were in your position I'd buy a light wheelset and slap some slicks on it. I'd leave my knobby tires on the old wheels and then swap them out for the occasion.