wheelset choice !!!

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by stdu007, Dec 15, 2009.

1. stdu007

stdu007 New Member

so i need to updated my weelset and i'm looking to a great entry level weelset so my choice is

shimano rs10 (10 speed rear hub) or a fullcrum racing 7 (10 speeds rear hub)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i can get both for arround 200$ brand new so i need your advice and experience on that ... :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

What color is your kit? :p

3. stdu007

stdu007 New Member

the color sheme is red black and some white ... so i don t like to give a lot of importence to the color, the fulcum will fit like charm with my bike ...

4. Industry_Hack

5. stdu007

stdu007 New Member

6. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Nice wheels! When I have to replace a part I generally try to upgrade so last summer when I found my front wheel being run over by a Chevy Cavalier I needed a new front wheel. The stock rims are Mavic GXP 22's. I ended up having to settle and I found myself buying a Forte Titan wheel at Performance. Forte is there in-house brand so I didn't expect much. I actually like it better than the Mavic. It's deeper V, it has the flat aero spokes that are all the rage [eyeroll] and it's just a great wheel for the money. $65.

7. stdu007

stdu007 New Member

i'm from Quebec and dont have any bike store who built there own wheels ...
    the cheapest wheelset i found here was some maddux rim with no maned hubs and no sealed bearing and all that for 300$, for an idea a mavic aksium race (09) wheelset is about 450$ ....:eek: so most of the time it's cheaper in USA for better wheels ... :eek:

8. Nigal

Damn, forget smuggling drugs, I'm packing wheelsets next time I come up there!

9. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

How many times do you think you could cross the border with new wheels and come backe with old ones befor thay caught on.;)

10. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

11. Industry_Hack

When I lived in Australia, we took a family vacation to the US, and came back with 22 pieces of luggage. :rolleyes:

I imported a lot of bike gear every month, and made really good money at it. For anyone interested in traveling, if you take a new, good quality bike to a foreign country, you can probably cover a good portion of your travel expenses by selling it before you leave.

12. Nigal

I wonder how many old wheels I could get across where the tires are stuffed with sticky icky BC bud? LOL!

13. Industry_Hack

Now you're thinking big.

14. stdu007

stdu007 New Member

he ... great talk here ... so if i remember when i was younger ... 15 years old, in 1983, i found an old man who own a little bike shop and this old man was just comming from italy and he worked for campagnolo as a wheel builder ... so everytime i got a false wheel i go there and spend a lot of time looking this old man thruing my wheel ... me and my friends (bmx racers) take time every couple of day just say hello to PEPE this is the nick mane we give him ... and some day at spring we go seeing PEPE and the store was closed ... PEPE just past away during this winter ... so this is the last wheels builder we had here in my area ... now i can thruing my wheel my self and i do all maintenance on my bikes ... thank's to this old PEPE who let me learn all i know now ... :cool:

so every wheel builder are welcome here .... :thumbsup:

15. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Roll in with them already on a bike, make a switch at the bike addict's house and return on junk wheels. It's a variation of the old wheelbarrow ruse.

Keep those northern wheel junkies fixed and happy.

16. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

Doesn't the European Market have just as much access to bikes as the US market at Comparable prices?

17. Industry_Hack

Nope. Not even close. It's not just bikes, and it's not just Europe.