when should one buy a new bike???????

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by RUSHTHEMALL, May 17, 2010.

1. RUSHTHEMALL

RUSHTHEMALL ALWAYS IN A RUSH

ive had my cannodale for 3 years,but i dont really ride it much,only in the summer time,because it snows out here in nyc.i sometimes ride it in the 5 county tour of nyc,anyways i was wondering when does one have to buy a new bike?if my bike is completely good and not cracked or damaged in any way do i still keep it for or untill its broken,or does the bike become less safe and more dangerious with age?i have a cannondale rush 400.thanks for your feedback.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Hell I got a couple old bikes ride them all the time and plan to ride them till they break majorly myself. But if you don't like it sell it and get a bike that meets your needs more. ya know? Just my humble opinion

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

My Cannondale is a 2002, I think. It's seen plenty of miles in the US and Australia, and will probably last as long as I continue to maintain it.

4. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

Ride it until you've replaced all the parts, then keep riding until the frame breaks in half! Then replace the frame by transferring all the old parts to a new frame. repeat. hahaha But yea, good question, I don't really think bikes can "go bad" as long as you maintain them and replace parts as necessary.

5. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Right on Bud my thoughts exactly wear out rebuild :D

6. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

7. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

If it currently suits your needs, then there is no good reason to replace it.