Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i wasn't sure if i should post this here or health/trainning.. but anyway here it goes.. so i'm only a few weeks in and only been able to go on actual rides about twice a week.. So today I got the chance to go out with some absolutly beautiful weather.. and i'm just looking to see where i stand starting out.... i guess using 0=just sad and pathetic, 10=high end of beginners spectrum..
so here is my ride today:
10.25 miles of gentle rolling hills
49:40 moving time (a couple crossings and a phone check/ pix at halfway point were my stopped time)
12.6mph avg speed.
27.4mph top speed.

and just for giggles here's a few pix i snapped at my start/finish point and the halfway point.

Attachments

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k well thanks for the input!!.. lol actuly better than i expected to hear.. and i def open to photo critics, a KY hillbilly with a camara phone is never a good idea :)

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Heck that's not bad. And that bike is sweet looking! How old is it?

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys lol def a moral boost... lol and i'm not 100% sure on the age of the bike.. i'm assuming mid-late 70's.. though the guy i bought it from def brought it back to life, rides amazing for an old steel frame bike!.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
It's Steel, so it must have a good feel to it. Your times are a lot better than mine :D I am on the down hill side :rolleyes: By the way realy nice bike :thumbsup:

·
1,355 Posts
You are doing good. Keep it up. :thumbsup: I am envious of that bike path. Were you on that path for the whole ride?

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you for the compliments on my bike.. and yes for the most part the bike path is part of an old road so theres maybe 2-3 miles of it which vehicals are aloud on, but only to access houses, farm land etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts