Where do you get good quality prescription riding glasses?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by JerLow, Sep 29, 2009.

1. JerLow

JerLow Guest

Hi,
    I'm in the market for some new prescription riding glasses and am wondering where to get them from and if anyone prefers anything over Oakley (I've had Oakley in the past but am open to other suggestions).
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I would also like to know where you can get Rx riding and sunglasses? I know the Rudy project has some, but not sure I want to go there.

DrB

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

I have worked on the ocean for twenty five years with all of the different glasses. Riding and fishing in the Florida sunshine is very demanding on your eyes. I swear by my Maui Jim's. I do not think there is a better sunglass in the world. Mine are prescription.

http://www.mauijim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DealerLocatorCmd

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  4. ridingrob

ridingrob New Member

bicyclerx.com

Hi,

Yes I know a great place, actually I work there!!! Bicycle Glasses Prescription Cycling Eyewear Oakley Sunglasses Rudy Project : Bicyclerx.com

My name is Rob and I am an avid cyclist and optician. I run the cycling eyewear program here. Prescription cycling glasses are the single preoccupation of my working life. Give me a call and I will be happy to help and let me know you found out about us through the forum and will ship the glasses for free. Oh, and yes we carry Oakley, and all the rest like Rudy Project, Nike, Giro, Bolle, Smith, all the good stuff!

Best,

Rob

p.s. my number is 888-831-5817 ext 111

5. lotek

lotek New Member

I have Rudy Project Rydons. I just took the Rx insert to my optometrist and had
    them do the lenses for me.
    having ridden both types of glasses, fixed lens vs Rx insert, I really like the flexibilty
    the insert gives me in terms of different lenses for different light conditions.

Marty