1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts

Running a redlight @ a local community bike ride in Knoxville.

College Park Airstrip. As if dodging cars wasn't bad enough...

And sometimes I ride to the pub...

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
This summer I biked in my home state, RI and Massachusetts with my riding friends. We went to Prudence Island in Portsmouth, RI, Tiverton and Little Compton, RI and Point Judith, RI (South County). In Massachusetts, we went to Provincetown and the Cape Cod Canal. Click on each link below:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prudence Island ride 8 31 09[/FONT]

2009 (Sept)9-14 Highland light ride

2009(Sept)9-28 Tiverton ride

10-12-09 Cape Cod Canal

South County and Point Judith 10-5-09
Welcome aboard, great to see lots of New Englanders here. Enjoy. :cool:

I Tweet a lot of my rides, mainly in the Plymouth area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice bike fellow New Englander :) Plymouth is very close. You are welcome to ride with my friends and I next spring/summer. We are low key..don't go too fast..we enjoy the scenery, good conversation, and the exercise.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Thanks, pinkgirl! I wish I could have seen some of those views this weekend, but I was out of town at a friends wedding reception. Lots of eating and no riding. :(

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
djcyberlegend,
I'm glad you liked my photos! I love taking pictures while I am out biking ;)
Do you ride on bike paths too?
I used to, mainly the trails in Myles Standish State Forest with the MTB. Lately I've been riding mostly on open roads. I'm thinking about doing a few path rides on Cape Cod next season with the Mrs.

I Tweet many of my rides, so check my Twitter page to find out where I'm riding. The link is in my sig.

·
tall old member
1,300 Posts
I have great places to ride here in Pennsylvania. Here is a picture of me and my biking buddy Tazz. He loved to ride.

That picture was taken at the trailhead for a bike trail around Lake Wilhelm.
Every year on January 1st I do the Polar Bear Bike Tour and then head down to the river for the Polar Bear Plunge. I got my picture in the paper on the bike ride.

Another fun place to ride is on the old abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike and tunnels. Fourty years ago they changed the route of the turnpike to avoid the tunnels. Now it's a great place to ride bikes (make sure you have a headlight and a flashlight)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Longjohn, I love your pictures especially the one on the bottom with the tunnels.
Thank you for responding to my question; I haven't been on Two Spoke in a while. I need to post some new pictures soon ;)

·
tall old member
1,300 Posts
I don't know how the edit works, never tried to edit a post. Thanks for the compliment on my pics. Since you liked the tunnel pic I'll post some more from my turnpike tunnel adventure. Here is a fairly nice stretch of the turnpike. Some sections show the effects of being abandoned for fourty years more than others.

I remember going through these tunnels when I was younger. They are a lot quieter now (and darker). I discovered that singing in the tunnel really sounds cool. The Sidling hill tunnel is 1.8 miles long and I think I sang the whole way through the tunnel. I thought I sounded pretty good but I'm the only one who heard me because I did this adventure by myself.

Here is the sign at the entrance to the abandoned turnpike. If you didn't know it was there you would miss it.

·
3,510 Posts
I don't know how the edit works, never tried to edit a post. Thanks for the compliment on my pics. Since you liked the tunnel pic I'll post some more from my turnpike tunnel adventure. Here is a fairly nice stretch of the turnpike. Some sections show the effects of being abandoned for fourty years more than others.

I remember going through these tunnels when I was younger. They are a lot quieter now (and darker). I discovered that singing in the tunnel really sounds cool. The Sidling hill tunnel is 1.8 miles long and I think I sang the whole way through the tunnel. I thought I sounded pretty good but I'm the only one who heard me because I did this adventure by myself.

Here is the sign at the entrance to the abandoned turnpike. If you didn't know it was there you would miss it.
Long, I am supposing those pics are not posted any more, since I can't see them, 2011 vintage. I dunno. But I am intrigued by this trail. I did a google map, just now, and see it is about 10 miles? or is this a small section? I bet it is very interesting. Some time, I may go backpacking at Pine Creek Gorge, and may need to take my bike along. :) Here is the link to the map I see:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/[email protected],-78.1960803,12z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e1

1 - 20 of 26 Posts