Where do you like to bike? Post pictures :0)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pinkgirl, Oct 20, 2009.

1. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

[​IMG]
    Running a redlight @ a local community bike ride in Knoxville.

[​IMG]
    College Park Airstrip. As if dodging cars wasn't bad enough...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And sometimes I ride to the pub...
    [​IMG]

3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Welcome aboard, great to see lots of New Englanders here. Enjoy. :cool:

I Tweet a lot of my rides, mainly in the Plymouth area.

4. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

Nice bike fellow New Englander :) Plymouth is very close. You are welcome to ride with my friends and I next spring/summer. We are low key..don't go too fast..we enjoy the scenery, good conversation, and the exercise.

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome!!!! I too am a New England rider. I am a little farther north of djcyberlegend, but still on the south shore.

6. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Re: my rides and pictures

Dusted off the MTB this weekend and hit some new fireroads and trails. Nice change of pace and some new scenery.

DSC04348.jpg

DSC04349.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

DSC04352.jpg

DSC04353.jpg

7. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

Re: my rides and pictures

Xela,
    Beautiful pictures...especially the lake and sunset!

8. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Thanks, pinkgirl! I wish I could have seen some of those views this weekend, but I was out of town at a friends wedding reception. Lots of eating and no riding. :(

9. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

10. djcyberlegend

Nice photos. Looks like you all had a great time. :cool:

11. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

djcyberlegend,
    I'm glad you liked my photos! I love taking pictures while I am out biking ;)
    Do you ride on bike paths too?

12. djcyberlegend

I used to, mainly the trails in Myles Standish State Forest with the MTB. Lately I've been riding mostly on open roads. I'm thinking about doing a few path rides on Cape Cod next season with the Mrs.

I Tweet many of my rides, so check my Twitter page to find out where I'm riding. The link is in my sig.

13. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Great pictures all!

14. trx1

trx1 New Member

whereever i can ride to is where i enjoy going.. :)

15. longjohn

longjohn tall old member

I have great places to ride here in Pennsylvania. Here is a picture of me and my biking buddy Tazz. He loved to ride.
    [​IMG]

That picture was taken at the trailhead for a bike trail around Lake Wilhelm.
    Every year on January 1st I do the Polar Bear Bike Tour and then head down to the river for the Polar Bear Plunge. I got my picture in the paper on the bike ride.
    [​IMG]
    Another fun place to ride is on the old abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike and tunnels. Fourty years ago they changed the route of the turnpike to avoid the tunnels. Now it's a great place to ride bikes (make sure you have a headlight and a flashlight)
    [​IMG]

16. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

Longjohn, I love your pictures especially the one on the bottom with the tunnels.
    Thank you for responding to my question; I haven't been on Two Spoke in a while. I need to post some new pictures soon ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
  17. longjohn

longjohn tall old member

I don't know how the edit works, never tried to edit a post. Thanks for the compliment on my pics. Since you liked the tunnel pic I'll post some more from my turnpike tunnel adventure. Here is a fairly nice stretch of the turnpike. Some sections show the effects of being abandoned for fourty years more than others.
    [​IMG]
    I remember going through these tunnels when I was younger. They are a lot quieter now (and darker). I discovered that singing in the tunnel really sounds cool. The Sidling hill tunnel is 1.8 miles long and I think I sang the whole way through the tunnel. I thought I sounded pretty good but I'm the only one who heard me because I did this adventure by myself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the sign at the entrance to the abandoned turnpike. If you didn't know it was there you would miss it.
    [​IMG]

18. pinkgirl

pinkgirl New Member

awesome pics LongJohn! I would love to try this ride but I live in RI :(

19. longjohn

longjohn tall old member

Here is a photo I took along the Erie Canal Bike tour.
    [​IMG]

20. ironlungs

ironlungs Senior Member

Long, I am supposing those pics are not posted any more, since I can't see them, 2011 vintage. I dunno. But I am intrigued by this trail. I did a google map, just now, and see it is about 10 miles? or is this a small section? I bet it is very interesting. Some time, I may go backpacking at Pine Creek Gorge, and may need to take my bike along. :) Here is the link to the map I see:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/[email protected],-78.1960803,12z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e1