Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ALWAYS IN A RUSH
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bike rack for home storage,but i wanted to know which home bike rack is safest?i have the kind you rest the top bar on 2 bars that protrude like metal arms.but i feel it can be bumped into and knocked down,so i made up another type which is not really a home bike rack,i screwed these big screws into the wall and then attached these velcro straps to them ,its two and both have velcro straps,and i strap the bike on the top tube.these are very strong and are very secure,if someone bumps into it ,the bike will not fall.which also concerns me,if i attach the velcro to the tires or lets say any bike rack that holds the bike by the tires,wont that warp the tires?because all the wieght is on the rims,so whats best.to have the bike held up by the frame or the tires:confused:??????????on a home bike rack

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
So you have too much of a houseful to give the bike its own room... I feel your pain.

There are racks that stand by pressure on a solid ceiling, kind of like a shower rod does, only vertically. The old spring-loaded floor lamps from the 'middle ages' do the same thing. If bumping is a concern, they are a consideration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts