Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

I currently have two seat posts.
They are:
  • Campagnolo Record Carbon
  • Specialized Carbon with Zertz

Which of these should be the best for comfort on longer rides?
Which weighs the least?
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
My saddle aggravates me long before my seat post.;)

If you dont have a scale thats accurate enough to weigh your post bring them to the post office and ask them how much it will cost to mail them. The cheapest postal rate wins. You can also bring them with you to the grocery store and ask the young dude at the deli to weigh them for you.

·
889 Posts
I think the biggest factor in a more comfortable ride will be the saddle. I don't think a butt-o-meter would be able to tell much difference between the two seatposts. As for weight, you can try it with a kitchen scale...

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The comfort question cones only because the specialized post claims to dampen vibrations and therefore reduce fatigue on long rides.

Campy being, well, Campy, one might assume is is superior.
Genes the reason for my question.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Much appreciated.

·
889 Posts
Oh, I'm sure Specialized's claim is true. However, I'm not sure the average rider will be able to feel that much difference. But I say go with the Specialized post. And if you don't want it, maybe we can negotiate a fair price...

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I've heard, anecdotally, the Specialized sponsored teams (and this is unverified) actually remove the zertz inserts due to a negligible benefit and weight (a half gram?!>!>!>) that you do not need.

Again, I cannot verify this but if it were me. . . .

I'd sell em both and get a pneumatic/hydraulic/cable operated dropper post..... Hell yes on a road bike! You'd make the hard core roadies wince with that, a CambelBak M.U.L.E. and hairy legs. You'd be like zero3one. Trust me, I have seen the pictures!

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I'll try each for a couple hundred and determine if I can tell a difference.
The whole reason for I purchased the Specialized Roubaix bike, was to help with my longer rides.
I have no need for both seat posts and will eventually sell the one I don't use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts