Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I am going to get my first (and I mean my first ever) road bike soon. I have a budget which fits good with the bikes I have chosen below. I just want opinions about it. I want a Trek too, I have tried them out and am happy with what they provide :)

The bikes I have chose are:

1. 2013 Trek 7.4 FX

2. 2012 Trek 1.1

3. 2012 Trek 7.3 FX WSD

I am 6'5" and thin. I plan to ride on the road for fitness and in group rides. I have no interest in racing or competitive riding but I may do some long distance riding here and there.

Can you all help me choose the right bike above?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a male, I am sorry haha. I didn't know that is a female bike, I don't want that one then :p

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
If you are looking for fitness or commuting the fx is good. The 1.1 is a true roadie though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want something that will be eaiser to ride on the road. I mean I mainly do it for fitness but I ride A LOT as I am quite addicted to it. I also want to go on long cycling trips soon, like state to state type ones.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
If you get addicted as I had you may be yearning for a roadie sooner than you think.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You should look at other brands as well. Treks tend to be a little more expensive for a bike with the same parts as other brands. (they're all made in Asia at the same factories) Scott, for instance, has a much better frame for the money.

·
Two skinny J's
21,181 Posts
You should look at other brands as well. Treks tend to be a little more expensive for a bike with the same parts as other brands. (they're all made in Asia at the same factories) Scott, for instance, has a much better frame for the money.
For the super rich and famous, they can have an American made frame with the 6 or 7 series :D

I was close to buying a Scott Addict, I also like the last Gary Fisher road bikes but felt to stretched out even with a shorter stem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts