Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comment and that little typo has been fixed. Also the bike is mostly steal but there is a aluminum bike coming out later this year.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Thanks for your comment and that little typo has been fixed. Also the bike is mostly steal but there is a aluminum bike coming out later this year.
I'm guessing that you mean steel. Since it's not possible to weld dissimilar metals (ferrous and non-ferrous) together, I'm curious as to how it can be mostly one alloy, rather than entirely one alloy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roundtail

Currently the bike on the home page is Columbus spirit steel. We have a Ti frame and the hybrid is Alloy 6061. We hope to have a carbon road frame in about two months

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reason

The reason that we are running it through facebook is to get people to both know about and like the bike. It is also easier to notify people that have liked our page though facebook then it is to use email or other means. We are considering running another contest later that would be run off of the website. If you don't like the facebook area you could like it, join the contest and then unlike us if you want to.

·
12,350 Posts
Using Facebook provides an obscene amount of demographic info, plus it helps to increase your reach exponentially. But unless you engage your users, that data is useless. So having people "Like" your page for the purpose of winning a contest is going to give you a very inaccurate view of your audience.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Currently the bike on the home page is Columbus spirit steel. We have a Ti frame and the hybrid is Alloy 6061. We hope to have a carbon road frame in about two months
So, the Hybrid and the 26" MTB listed on your The Bikes page (http://roundtail.ca/main/the_bikes) both list aluminum frames. I understand steel is flexible, but do the rings in the back make much difference with aluminum frames?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, the Hybrid and the 26" MTB listed on your The Bikes page (http://roundtail.ca/main/the_bikes) both list aluminum frames. I understand steel is flexible, but do the rings in the back make much difference with aluminum frames?
To be honest i didnt think there would be much of a difference in the feel while going over bumps or cracks in the road so i was suprised when i actually could feel the difference. With some big bumps on the triangle design (steel) i would stand up on my feet so i wouldnt fell the bump as bad but on the roundtail (aluminum) i could actually just keep riding on over it without standing up and it wouldnt bother me. So to answer your question it does actually make a difference even with the aluminum frames.

·
12,350 Posts
To be honest i didnt think there would be much of a difference in the feel while going over bumps or cracks in the road so i was suprised when i actually could feel the difference. With some big bumps on the triangle design (steel) i would stand up on my feet so i wouldnt fell the bump as bad but on the roundtail (aluminum) i could actually just keep riding on over it without standing up and it wouldnt bother me. So to answer your question it does actually make a difference even with the aluminum frames.
So those bog hoops flex with each little irregularity in the road?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So those bog hoops flex with each little irregularity in the road?
Yes they do have flex in them but also the circular design spreads the vibrations out over the ring helping reducess the impact of the bumps. So between the flex and circular design it makes for a very smooth ride.

·
12,350 Posts
Yes they do have flex in them but also the circular design spreads the vibrations out over the ring helping reducess the impact of the bumps. So between the flex and circular design it makes for a very smooth ride.
So it's made from aluminum, and designed to flex?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So it's made from aluminum, and designed to flex?
the frame is aluminum. the circular design is made from steel. So in a way yes it was kinda designed for flex but the design was mostly for distributing the shockwave/vibrations from bumps through the circle rather then your back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is obvious who would not like to take a free bike. JayGee good to see this pic. It's really superb for its exterior look.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts