Who had off for Veteran's Day?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Nov 12, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I had to go to the bank today and they were packed. When I asked why they said they were closed yesterday. I didn't realize banks closed on Holidays. Who else had off?

2. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Sheesh you live in a cave?!? Banks are like government offices! They are ALWAYS closing for whatever reason they can get away with. I am always working.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Yes I do. I really don't like talking about it. I worked yesterday. At what point do we decide a particular field gets the day off and the others have to work?

4. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I work for a private company (and one of our co-owners is retired Army), and we had to work. I'm not really complaining, though, because we get off from Christmas Eve until Jan 2 each year. Plus, they're really lenient about sick days/personal time off.

My mom works for the state and she was off. I guess Federal and State businesses were the ones that were officially off yesterday.

5. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I'm unemployed so I had the day off.

Mrs. HandsomeRyan is a federal employee (USDA) so she was of as well.

6. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

I've never had Veterans' Day off, I've always been told that that was in exchange for Black Friday.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  7. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I had it off for the first time this year, work for state now....good thing, I'm not very sociable on vets day

I ran a few miles and rode my bike 20 with some big climbs, today I'm hurtin, but feels good...

DrB

8. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

I was off, I'm off every day. Thank you very much.

Know what you mean Doc. Did you do Nam?

Or did you say they sent you to Korea instead?

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I thank the both of you. Were you in the service Burr?

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

3 years, 6 months, 15 days, 5 hours and 45 seconds. Loved every minute of it!!! ya sure

Civilian in Nam, Phu Bai, Hue, Quang Tri & Da Nang