Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go to the bank today and they were packed. When I asked why they said they were closed yesterday. I didn't realize banks closed on Holidays. Who else had off?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sheesh you live in a cave?!? Banks are like government offices! They are ALWAYS closing for whatever reason they can get away with. I am always working.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do. I really don't like talking about it. I worked yesterday. At what point do we decide a particular field gets the day off and the others have to work?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I work for a private company (and one of our co-owners is retired Army), and we had to work. I'm not really complaining, though, because we get off from Christmas Eve until Jan 2 each year. Plus, they're really lenient about sick days/personal time off.

My mom works for the state and she was off. I guess Federal and State businesses were the ones that were officially off yesterday.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
I'm unemployed so I had the day off.

Mrs. HandsomeRyan is a federal employee (USDA) so she was of as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had it off for the first time this year, work for state now....good thing, I'm not very sociable on vets day

I ran a few miles and rode my bike 20 with some big climbs, today I'm hurtin, but feels good...

DrB

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
I was off, I'm off every day. Thank you very much.

Know what you mean Doc. Did you do Nam?

Or did you say they sent you to Korea instead?

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
3 years, 6 months, 15 days, 5 hours and 45 seconds. Loved every minute of it!!! ya sure

Civilian in Nam, Phu Bai, Hue, Quang Tri & Da Nang

1 - 10 of 10 Posts