Two Spoke Forums banner

Stage 15: Contador Taking the Yellow!!!!

• Contador knew that Schleck had a mechanical and should have immediately waited

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Contador was not immediately aware of Schleck's mechanical and should have waited when he found out

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Contador was not aware of Schleck's mechanical, but he didn't need to wait for Schleck anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Contador was aware of Schleck's mechanical, but he didn't need to wait

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen much on the forum about what is arguably the most popular grand tour of them all, so I was wondering who is following the tour; and if you have any input to give.

I was pulling for Cadel Evans to pull off the GC win but it turns out he is riding with a broken arm, and now is 8+ minutes behind; so it doesn't look likely. I am sure there are a lot of people that are happy that Armstrong isn't pulling another rabbit out of his hat. So I guess I am going to have to pull for Andy Schleck, which isn't so bad as he seems to be a nice guy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am following fairly close, not as fanatical as last year. I would like to see A Schleck win, or maybe some of the other lesser knowns. I was amazed that the cobblestone section was part of it, no doubt that was a rough start for many.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I'm still holding out hope that Levi will get on the podium. I would definitely rather see Schlek on the top step over Contador.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still holding out hope that Levi will get on the podium. I would definitely rather see Schlek on the top step over Contador.
I would be pumped if Levi can make the podium. His riding has has been overshadowed by Lance's bad luck but he is looking good.

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
+1, I've been watching the stages after the fact on my DVR.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Thoughts on the DQ? Seems a little harsh, but such a stupid move like that leaves yourself at the mercy of the officials.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't seen todays stage (thank god for DVR) but I did read about it. From what I have read, I can see why he was DQed....those sprints have gotten crazy lately. Give me a good mountain top finish, I'll leave the sprinting to the guys with no fear.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
I've been following live on my days off and DVR to catch the rest. Still new to it and I find myself pulling for Levi as well. Haven't had a chance to sit and watch today's stage yet.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I don't think he has as much competition this year. For whatever reason Thor just isn't looking great, though he has been getting a lot of mid stage sprint points so he has had the jersey...plus Farrar has a bum wrist so he hasn't been much of a competitor. Petachi has really be the true competition.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Petachi has really be the true competition.
You know Cav has to be fuming when that "old man" beats him or even challenges him. Guess you can't really count stage 1 as a fair sprint between the two, but I still bet Cav was quite angry.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah thank god for DVR's. I think its gonna come down to Schleck or Contador
Agree....I guess the real question is who is grabbing that other podium spot....I am still pulling for Levi...he ended up recovering yesterday on a climb that he said himself didn't suit him at all. He was looking bad but pulled it off a good finish.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Wow. Really looking forward to the next stage after what happened today. Let's discuss later. I don't want to add any spoilers too early in the day before people get to their DVRs.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Xela....I won't get a chance to watch the stage until this evening. And since they are in the Pyrenees, I am not following the race through Twitter during the day. Want to see these stages as close to live as possible.

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
Wow. Really looking forward to the next stage after what happened today. Let's discuss later. I don't want to add any spoilers too early in the day before people get to their DVRs.
hmmmmm.... WOW, I just finished watching. :(

1 - 20 of 54 Posts