Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm old school. Having met Greg LeMond and Lance Armstrong, I think Greg was not only the better rider, but he's a nicer guy in person. I also admire Miguel Indurain for taking the 1991 Tour from LeMond, and Andy Hampsten for killing it in the Alps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hampsten was awesome and I like lemond mor that Armstrong but I'm a youngster so I like franky schleck the most. Franks cooler that Andy cause all Andy does is ask for franks help!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like we need to give guys a few years, to see if they are true legends, or just a flash in the pan. Landis will be nothing more than a distasteful footnote, as best.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really like Chris Horner. He has given his life to be a domestique, and now in the twilight of his career is being allowed to race for wins. His gutsy performances like last years tour of California showed his ability. I hope he stays healthy for the tour. I would love to see him in the alps driving a breakaway until there's nobody left. I know that won't happen but what the heck. As far as top tier pros I liked Cancellara's take no prisoners type of racing. With Fabian it's him against everyone else, in his mind. Go to front and drill it. If he gets away, he wins. If he brings people with him he loses. Simple mindset.

·
1,200 Posts
being a newbie and young. I'm gonna go with Ben King he's 22 from a border state of ky... and gotta admit pretty decent rider

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
I am a HUGE Greg LeMond fan......and, of course, Merckx. Among today's pros, I (like so many others) think Jens Voigt is a monster. Among the American riders, George Hincapie has always seemed like a selfless class act. Tom Boonen and Robbie McEwen are my faves among the sprinters...okay...one rider....LeMond:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
(past):Merckx, Fignon, Coppi, Pantani.

(current): JENS! Philippe Gilbert, Sylvain Chavanel, Fabian Cancellara.

of course, the greatest rider and my favorite is:

Dave Stoller

1 - 16 of 16 Posts