Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think they need to blow tons of money to do things to their bikes..like lights:confused: i can save a ton of cash and still get decent lighting.:thumbsup: oh well, to each there own i guess

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
think they need to blow tons of money to do things to their bikes..like lights:confused: i can save a ton of cash and still get decent lighting.:thumbsup: oh well, to each there own i guess
Probably for the same reasons that some people spend $100 on a bike while others spend $4,000. Different people have different wants, different needs, and different views about what means decent for their purposes. They also may have resons for peferring one technology over another.

Six years ago I didn't ride much at night, and when I did, it was on suburban streets. A $60 Cateye headlight was more than adequate for my purposes.

I started riding more at night, sometimes on rural roads. I thought a brighter light would be safer and easier to see with. I picked up a NightRider 150 for about twice the cost of the Cateye. Thanks to a recent near miss with a pot hole, I'm considering putting the 150 on my helmet and adding a brighter lamp on the handlebars.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
Because we will be seen by others out riding and we must place ourselves as high on the cycling hierarchy as we can afford.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Because we will be seen by others out riding and we must place ourselves as high on the cycling hierarchy as we can afford."

in that case...... ya all cant see me *waves hand* too low on totem pole

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
Well you need some aero bars on your bike. That's the first step. LOL!

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
It's duct taped to one of your hi-po rifles for spotting deer?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
so much for DIY. I put one of them there fleshlights on my bike and I couldn't see nuthin'!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
hence...the joke. 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Why do people think they can make something just as good for much less?

To each their own.

Me, I don't concern myself with what other people are or aren't spending money on - unless of course they're coming in with new bike parts that they didn't buy from me. :p

I'm a tinkerer, a former auto mechanic, and an "inventor of hideous, barely functional crap". Some things just don't have a good ROI. "Home-Brew" lubes, for instance. Sure, the component parts are only $1.08 for a gallon of lube, but time is invested in making it and it needs to be reapplied frequently. It's worth it to me to spend $12 for a bottle of Chain-L that has so far lasted me over a year of SHOP use. I only need to apply it once every 1000-2000 miles. That saves me time. My time is worth more to me than $12.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts