Why do

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Burr, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Why do all these new people show up tell us they are going to ride and we never hear another word from them?

2. worthlees

worthlees Senior Member

Maybe like a kid with anew toy? Me want to ride in the snow, better half get's right
    upset & doesn't mind letting me know!! Likes all my parts the way they are she says!!
    Just started riding about a week before the snow hit & am new to the Thumb weather.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!!! At 65 don't heal as fast any more.
    Ride safe, may the wind be at your back.

3. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

You're doing good Worth, RIDE ON.

Keep us posted.

4. georgec

georgec Member

I am here everyday and ride almost everyday. I never post much in any forum I am a member of and don't have much to say in real life....but I do come here and read everyday.

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Well I have not rode much in the last 2 weeks as this head coooold has me down, and the cold weather is kicking me, It don't look to inviteing out there and it is hard for me to put miles on the trainer :eek:. Soon sunshine and a little warmth soon I hope.

6. tomk

tomk Member

I typically check in every day but truth be told there is not a lot of post activity here compared with some other bike forums - so maybe they lose interest in posting? I'll say this place is MUCH more friendly than some of the others for sure!

7. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Not to steer anybody away from here but we need a thread like this one; over 4 years old and still being posted to We're going to yell at you.

8. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Merry Christmas Guys

9. BobH

BobH New Member

Hi Burr,

Yep, I fit well into that group, 'got no defense. When it comes to biking, I'm a complete novice. I haven't any good relevant information for any rider, if I keep my fingers off the keyboard, it helps hide my backside. If I keep my backside down, maybe it won't take an online kicking. I think all postings should be tactful, when I make a rude post, that post is evidence that I am a rude person.

I really enjoy riding, my goal is to ride 10 to 15 miles daily. Lately, I haven't been meeting my goals, the reasons health, weather, and duties of friendship. None of my reasons would make good reading.

Bicycles have really changed in the last 50 years and so have the buyers /riders. In the past, for me, cycling was just a way to get from point A to point B. Today cycling is an experience and a live style change. Two years ago, if you told me that I would consider spending a grand for a bike, I'd sworn that you were ready for the rubber room.

I do enjoy this site daily. I want it to be always successful. I see my role as back fill not a paver. It's time to crawl back under my rock.

BobH.

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Hey Bob, thanks for the post.

How's the weather up there? See all those guys (nuts) trying to find riding clothes to keep warm. I have a indoor trainer for the winter when I'm home.