Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Aussie friends always talk about their "sunnies" when they are referring to sunglasses. With the said, what's in your face when you're in the saddle?

I used to be an Oakley guy until I started wearing Smith Pivlock V90's, quite possibly the best sunglasses on the planet!

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
On the ride, I wear Rudy Project with racing red lenses.
Off the bike, Silhouette titanium, polarized with back side AR coating.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
I wear my Oakley Half Jacket 2.0's with Fire Iridium lenses when I ride during the day. If I'm riding in the late afternoon and I know that I'll be finishing my ride at dusk or in the dark, I wear my photo chromatic glasses.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I have bifocal sunglasses. They look like Oakleys. No identifying markings, not even country of origin. Best sunglasses ever. Purchased from a kiosk in BWI airport.

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I have two pairs of prescription glasses - one photo-chromatic pair, and one pair with clip-on shades. For those times when I can get away without prescription glasses, I wear my Noggs, which have been brutally tested.

I'm not the least bit about fashion when it comes to sunglasses though.

·
889 Posts
I've been an exclusive Oakley wearer since 1989. For cycling I wear my M-Frames although I am contemplating getting a pair or Radar Path.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
After my cataract surgery, I no longer needed prescription glasses to see at a distance so I went to the different LBS in the area looking for a good pair of cycling sunglasses. I ended up buying a pair of fishing glasses that are rimless, polarized and UV protected at Wal Mart for $20.00. These are the first pair of non-prescription sunglasses I've used in over 30 years but I'll be damned if I can tell the difference between these and a pair costing 3 to 4 times more. These are the ones I have but mine have a carbon fiber look frame and blue reflective lens.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Oakley Jawbone in the Livestrong Livery.

My mother and step-mother are cancer survivors and benefitted from the Livestrong foundation. A certain amount of $ from each sale went back to the them. It was my way of giving back.

I like the Jawbone due to the lens swap design as well as multiple sized nose pads included with them.

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Oakley Jawbone in the Livestrong Livery.

My mother and step-mother are cancer survivors and benefitted from the Livestrong foundation. A certain amount of $ from each sale went back to the them. It was my way of giving back.

I like the Jawbone due to the lens swap design as well as multiple sized nose pads included with them.
I had considered a pair of those but just couldn't pull the trigger, I'm hell on sunglasses.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I had a hard time justifying the cost as well, given the chance of them getting smashed up. Anything that might be considered "risky" to them, I wear a pair of POS truck stop ones. They seem pretty pliable (Oakley) so I *think* they may survive a low level of impact.

On the other hand, I sometimes think you get what you pair for. This mostly applies to tools, in my case. Clothes? Not so much. . .except for cycling shorts.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I had a hard time justifying the cost as well, given the chance of them getting smashed up. Anything that might be considered "risky" to them, I wear a pair of POS truck stop ones. They seem pretty pliable (Oakley) so I *think* they may survive a low level of impact.

On the other hand, I sometimes think you get what you pair for. This mostly applies to tools, in my case. Clothes? Not so much. . .except for cycling shorts.
You might be interested in the Noggs then. My review was pretty comprehensive. :rolleyes:

·
889 Posts

I own several pairs of Oakleys, yes they are pricey but thye fit me nicely, look great and offer the protection I need. The M Frames I use at work (non cycling) have literally been through hell. They've been run over, been on 3 tours of duty with me and on numerous army training and exercises.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Uvex Blaze. Picked them up on sale for under 25 bucks. Over the years I have learned that cheap sunglasses are like homing pigeons. No matter where you leave or forget them you seem to get them back. Try forgetting a pair of Oakleys somewhere.:cool:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have flak jacket and the radar from Oakley. Could not justify price if my wife didnt get such a great discount from her job. :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts