Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Still learning . . .
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Highline Canal Trail winds throughout the south Denver metro area for about 70 miles. One of the prettiest sections is around Orchard and Colorado/Belleview/Quincy

My wife and I love a ride on the canal, the colors were GORGEOUS (reds, yellows, greens all intermixed)

So, here she is at almost 78yo!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Awesome!

I read somewhere recently that it doesn't matter if you use a walker to get around and are all hunched over. You can still ride a bike.

However you two seem to be getting around very well! Ride on Mr & Mrs Fox.

·
3,510 Posts
This is great! First off, I LOVE your signature "76....and still trying to grow up" and with that, there's "hope" for a lot of us when we get to that age! I met a 76 year old riding his bicycle from Vancouver, BC- QUEBEC City, at the highest point on my Lake Superior ride, last year! When he told me his age my eyes lit up and when I told him the same as I just said about hope, his eyes lit up. I'm actually encouraged about your bride! And you!

·
Still learning . . .
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you kindly.

Lots and lots of bicyclists around here in their 70's and some in their 80's. A couple of years ago I organized and led a 70+ group (on request, we let a couple of 68-69 yo's ride with us :D )

You have a lot to look forward to. :)

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
Very nice! She reminds me of my friend Phyllis Goodhall, who at 87 is still doing the Senior Olympics, winning gold medals and breaking national records in her age group. People like your wife and Phyllis give the rest of us, that are not quite her age, something to look forward to.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Now there is a person who persists. I don't think Give Up is in her vocabulary.

By the way, I don't think we will ever grow up. So might as well relax and enjoy.

·
Still learning . . .
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my ride yesterday, met two ladies. I don't know their exact age, but I would guess in their early 80's. They were doing a 20 miler (same as I was doing) on their hybrids - something they do regularly, from our conversation and my observation of their very good riding skills. I passed them going one way and met them on the way back.

We discussed various trails and almost every single one I mentioned they had traveled.

Hooray for seniors exercising.

·
3,510 Posts
Sorry. I posted this earlier. I still hold to all the respect in the world to my elders and am privileged to start getting "up there" in age as well, and hopefully setting that great example like you two.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
The Highline Canal Trail winds throughout the south Denver metro area for about 70 miles. One of the prettiest sections is around Orchard and Colorado/Belleview/Quincy

My wife and I love a ride on the canal, the colors were GORGEOUS (reds, yellows, greens all intermixed)

So, here she is at almost 78yo!
I LOVE THIS!

I just turned 59 y/o and started riding my bicycle again 2 years ago. I am telling you, my health, and my husbands health has improved AND!, I am almost 70 pounds down!

Tell your wife how much I enjoyed her photo.....and "see" you on the trails!

·
Uncaged CT Pedaler
28 Posts
Very cool! I watch this woman in my neighborhood walking up our hill (and it's a pretty big hill especially at her age) WITH a cane. Nothing but respect for her doing that every single day.

I am 8 years shy of 50, but no rush to get there. :thumbsup:

·
Still learning . . .
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wife went for her very first ride of the season - just a few miles around the neighborhood - and she did great. Hopefully, we will get in more and longer rides as the weather gets a bit better. She loves it.

·
Still learning . . .
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wife and I rode the neighborhood and a part of the trail today. She is trying to build confidence - particularly about dismounting and starting. She does great - only she does not always believe it!! But, if we can keep riding regularly, it will help her so much. She loves it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.