Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, after 8 years, my wife and I finally managed to go for a bike ride together this weekend. We took our MTBs and now she's bitten by "the bug" and wants a road bike too so she can ride more with me. What have I done? LOL

We went looking for a Specialized Ruby for her and they are out of stock in the size she needs! And it's not like it would be a popular size... 57cm, the largest one they make for women! LOL

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Very nice! Should be good times!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Wish I could get my wife out on a bike with me. Congrats on having a new riding partner.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could get my wife out on a bike with me. Congrats on having a new riding partner.

Hopefully one day she will see the light. Tell her how much fun mine just realized it is! We didn't go to get a work out, it was just for fun and it was great to spend time together!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well, after 8 years, my wife and I finally managed to go for a bike ride together this weekend. We took our MTBs and now she's bitten by "the bug" and wants a road bike too so she can ride more with me. What have I done? LOL

We went looking for a Specialized Ruby for her and they are out of stock in the size she needs! And it's not like it would be a popular size... 57cm, the largest one they make for women! LOL
Congrats! I wish you two many miles together.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

Took me 2 years to get my wife to catch the bug.;) Just picked up her Specialized Vita last Tues. Good times are ahead.:cool:

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are hoping to hear back from the shop this week to see if they can locate the Ruby in a 57cm for her anywhere in this country. She's got freakishly long legs...

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Congrats on getting the wife hooked. My wife loves it and I really enjoy our rides together. The best part is that she'll better understand the expenditures needed for cycling. Makes it easier to get what you want for your bikes.

·
1,200 Posts
congrats!! bought my wife a road bike several months ago and she didn't like it.. now she wants a hybrid

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
congrats!! bought my wife a road bike several months ago and she didn't like it.. now she wants a hybrid
Same thing happened to me. Bought my wife a nice Ruby and should wouldn't even get on it :D Somebody on ebay got one suhweet deal !

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I don't think I have more fun than rideing with my wife, hope you do too

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same thing happened to me. Bought my wife a nice Ruby and should wouldn't even get on it :D Somebody on ebay got one suhweet deal !
What size? I'm looking for something bigger than a 53 as my wife has some pretty long legs. :)

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE:

We managed to find one in a 54cm that works for her. It's not the pink and carbon like she wanted but the white/gold/teal. Anyways, she's estatic!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts