Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wind affects everybody riding so I thought General Bike would be best for this topic. I used to look at these sites a lot especially in the winter and spring but I have decided...If I wait on the weather I'll get nothing done. I will try and time my rides in the spring when the wind will be in my favor to finish a ride. Windfinder has been pretty accurate for my area. These are a couple of real nice tools to have at your disposal. I can imagine the Midwest could be pretty windy. My Father who lives in Plano,Texas (and is now in his late 70's) says the wind and heat are getting hard to overcome and ride ! I'm proud he still gets out and rides despite those factors !

Windfinder - Wind & weather Superforecast Baileys Wharf

Wind Map - South East United States Forecast

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice find....I am going to have to look at both sites in more detail, but that seems pretty cool. I know wind can be a real factor for me in my area. The New England area really gets crazy wind patterns (damn jet stream)!!!!

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Wind, schmind -- if it's blowing less than 40mph, I'll ride; now HEAT, that's another story. Do just fine in 90+... until I have to stop. THEN I melt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts