Workout accountabilibuddies: did you exercise today?

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by INTEGRATE, Apr 9, 2012.

1. INTEGRATE

INTEGRATE New Member Tavern Member

Ok, so I took that from Southpark, but you get the idea. How about a running post where we confess our fitness sins when we don't exercise and pay each other on the back when we do?

Post what you did, where you rode, Strava entry, etc and let's see how everyone stays active!!

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Good idea! Right now it looks like I'm gonna play the "friend coming in from out of town" excuse for today, but still thinking I might get a ride in later. I will confess my sin later if need be.

3. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Does mowing/yard work or walking the dog count????

4. INTEGRATE

5. INTEGRATE

Hour twenty of gym work today. Probably stretch a little later on.

6. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

No excuses! Had an hour to play with so I did hill repeats on a nastly little hill near the neighborhood. It's only a mile, but it gains 450 ft with the last 1/3 of a mile being 13-15% and pretty painful. I then did yardwork. I think this thread helped me not to just plop on the couch with a beer. Thanks, Integrate.

7. Poolie

Poolie New Member

Okay... you guys have shamed me into a lap around the neighborhood to burn off about 1/16th of dinner.

8. rola643

Got a nice early 2.61 mile walk with the dog in and waiting for a decent hour to finish mowing I started yesterday.

9. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

47 mile ride in 20-25 winds w/ even bigger gusts. Yea I like this thread.

10. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

Sleep not a part of your schedule Integrate? Or did I just misunderstand? :))

11. INTEGRATE

Twenty! Doh! Two hours is what it should say. Although if I was part vampire.....

12. rola643

1.77 mile walk with the dog this morning followed by chest and shoulders on the Bowflex. Good or bad following up with hyper extension for my lower back and then push ups and sit ups.

13. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Mod Team Tavern Member

70 minute walk at lunch with SWMBO followed by leading a Cat 4 ride tonight.

Trying to force my way into a Cat 3 ride on Saturday despite in-laws being in town. . . .:eek::hate:

14. rola643

What exactly is a CAT 4 ride? I always thought that was a race category ? Guess I just answerd my own questions, a ride with other cat iv skill or points riders? How many points do you have?

15. Poolie

Poolie New Member

Just finished walking a mile, and jogged a 1/2 mile!!! Tonight's the first time since January 12th that I've been able do anything but walk. Felt good... have a dilemma. May 12th is both a metric ride I'd like to do and it's also the first of a six 5k race series that I want to do. Decisions, decisions...

16. rola643

Good deal Poolie. You have no delima :D Ride wins hands down evvery time! Running is to hard on the body :D

17. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

+1 on the ride vs run :)
    Commuted to/from work today. 10 miles round trip

18. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Mod Team Tavern Member

The club I am in now (since moving) rates the weekly/daily rides on a Category basis, in a descending order. Cat 1 is the hardest, typically many hills, 19-21 MPH pace and you'll be dropped. Cat 2 is a little easier but same deal with being dropped. Cat 3 is typically 14-16 MPH average which gets progressively harder each week. The early season Cat 3 rides are no drop, mid June you'll be dropped on some of them. Cat 4 is the easiest, 10-14 MPH average, about 20 miles in duration, easy hills; the other club rates them A,B,C,D.

Last night there were about 30 Cat 3 riders and no Cat 4 so I was going to ride Cat 3. One other person showed up and she wanted to ride Cat 4, so, since I was signed up to lead Cat 4, I did. She wasn't wild about the route I mapped out so we ended up taking part of the original route, reversing part of it and then adding in two other loops. 1 hour later, 16.8 MPH average and going neck and neck the whole time, I have a nice knot in my right quad; she totally sandbagged me. The nice thing is I was able to to stay on the big ring the entire time. I also managed to kill my speed/cadence sensor and my rear wheel reflector shot off when they all made contact. Cheap zip-ties:hate:

My goal is to enter and complete within the upper half of the field of the NJ Gran Fondo. I was going to enter the Philly one, but wasn't really impressed with it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  19. rola643

Oh I gotcha Knee. i had never heard of group rides being categorized that way. Same but only different. I had just always heard them as in A pace B pace C pace rides. Same thing

20. rola643

Nice easy 26 mile road ride this morning. very easy laid back chit chat ride @ only a 17.6 avg. I was amazed, thought it was going to be closer to 15 or so it felt so slow today.