Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm glad you said it. I hated him in it. Mace Windu is to bad ass for a man with no beard. Had he had a beard, I would rethink my position.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Oh you bet..wouldn't you have loved to see Windu just once turn to Yoda, just after rambling off one of his (Yoda's) psuedo thing-a-ma-jiggy philosophical 'force' diatribes, SAY WHAT?!

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
Deep Blue Sea - when the shark cuts Samuel L.'s inspirational speech short!

·
retromike3
274 Posts
deep blue critic

I thought that was one of the few good scenes in a otherwise mediocre film. When they were making JAWs they said if they would have had CDI sharks it would not have been as good of a movie proves it.

The best thing about Jaws was that you can think up a much better monster than one can be created.

mike

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh you bet..wouldn't you have loved to see Windu just once turn to Yoda, just after rambling off one of his (Yoda's) psuedo thing-a-ma-jiggy philosophical 'force' diatribes, SAY WHAT?!
Yes very much, but he didn't and he got cut down.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That's the buzz I've heard bout this movie, too. Kinda so-so. Personally...I have no interest in it..either. It's probly ok for the under-30 crowd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Conqueror (John Wayne plays Ghengis Khan)

Starcrash

Evil Alien Conquerors

Those were at least so bad they could be entertaining.

The most recent dog that made me want to charge the studio for the time I wasted watching, though, is The Last Airbender. I sat through this stinker thinking to myself, "This has to get better". The photography was good, the action sequences semi-acceptable, but OMG I was ready to chew off a limb just to get away from the thing.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Most movies are bad. You could list a thousands of horror movies but their suppose to be bad. But some were meant to be serious contenders like Blue Lagoon, or 10, All About Steve, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot, Gigli, The Zoo; then there was that gay cowboy film I can't remember the name of.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
That's the buzz I've heard bout this movie, too. Kinda so-so. Personally...I have no interest in it..either. It's probly ok for the under-30 crowd.
That was the film, I never saw it either, Like you no way. But another film I listed was a short film put on by Sundance Films entitled the "Zoo" was another horrendous sick film about a man and his horse...I'll let you take it from there; a film I never saw. And this film was one of the top 5 American films at the Cannes Film Festival? And "Brokeback Mountain" gets a slew of awards too? HAVE WE GONE MAD? ARE WE SICK? OR BOTH?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Oh-Yea...talk about waaay over the top miscasting. Someone blew that one: "The Conquer"..They would have been way ahead putting William Conrad (Kasar in the movie) in Khan's role. Conrad looked more like Khan than Wayne. But, considering this movie was from the 50's, anything goes, I guess.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

So then I would enjoy it? I'm conflicted.

oops, almost forgot, try this one out for size....
Can't wait. Movies about Genghis never really get to the point of ruling through barbarism. They show some of his atrocities, but they always make them sound like it wasn't genocide for profit.

·
Registered
567 Posts
So then I would enjoy it? I'm conflicted.

I couldn't say either way if you'd like it. I didn't see it and have no desire to see it.

Can't wait. Movies about Genghis never really get to the point of ruling through barbarism. They show some of his atrocities, but they always make them sound like it wasn't genocide for profit.
I just watchrd a 3 hr (PBS) documentary called.."General--Genghis Khan". It covered everything from birth to his demise and everything in between. I guess what fascinated me was this was shown as the good & bad of the man. Thru the eyes of Khan, family, friends, enemies. Not, as some outsider saw it. If that makes sense. If you can find a copy, well worth it. Here's a better description of what it was about:

Gereral
Genghis Khan
Always strike first and always take revenge. "Genghis Khan" learnt these lessons the hard way during a violent childhood. Son of a murdered father, Genghis grew up in the unforgiving environment of the Mongolian Steppe. But how did an outcast, raised in poverty, come to be the great Khan? Combining live-action footage shot in Mongolia with CGI software used in Lord of the Rings, the recreation of battle scenes is taken to a new level in presenting the story of how Genghis conquered an empire greater than the Roman Empire at its peak. From the ferocious battle for Beijing to the jealous betrayal by his blood brother, Jamuka, Genghis always demanded victory. Almost 700 years after his death, World War II generals were still using his battle plans. But a dark, almost evil, reputation also exists. He is often portrayed as a psychopath who killed his brother and ordered the death of his best friend. Is it accurate to remember Genghis as a merciless, brutal butcher? Let the historical facts presented in this definitive film help you decide.

Whelp enough of my ramblings....back to the theme of the thread.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts