Two Spoke Forums banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'll check it out. I'm always interested in history, especially the history not written by winners.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep....John Boy in Space....didn't work for me. Believe it or not, I'm going to have to put "Men who stare at Goats" on my 'Now..That was Stupid' list. Good thing it was a dvd. I got to eject it bout half way thru.

·
retromike3
274 Posts
A new and horrible movie

Yesterday I saw Resident Evil 3D and it was deliciously horrible. it had very bad acting, with stupendous but meaningless special effects. a truly bad film for the ages.

When you go to a wine tasting its a good idea to between tastes to have some bread to "clean the pallet" before the next taste. its hard to appreciate a good movie until you have experienced a truly bad movie.

When I went to see Avatar in the same theater it was packed when I went to the this there were only five other people there with me. I don't see how the theater could run the show with that few viewers.

mike

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Aside from the Magnificent Seven Kurosawa's movies are not readily duplicated, further adding to the amazing awesomeness of flics like Ran (King Lear). I'll watch it if I can find it.

Yesterday I saw Resident Evil 3D and it was deliciously horrible. it had very bad acting, with stupendous but meaningless special effects. a truly bad film for the ages.

When you go to a wine tasting its a good idea to between tastes to have some bread to "clean the pallet" before the next taste. its hard to appreciate a good movie until you have experienced a truly bad movie.

When I went to see Avatar in the same theater it was packed when I went to the this there were only five other people there with me. I don't see how the theater could run the show with that few viewers.

mike
I can't wait till I catch RE3d. Avatar was truly horrible.

·
fat guy on 2 wheels
23 Posts
Yep....John Boy in Space....didn't work for me. Believe it or not, I'm going to have to put "Men who stare at Goats" on my 'Now..That was Stupid' list. Good thing it was a dvd. I got to eject it bout half way thru.
I Loved this movie! Freaking hilarious!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,354 Posts
omg..I'd extend that to 'Any & All (past, present, future)' movies with Spears or Hilton. aka: House of Wax. If I were Vincent Price, I'd find a way to haunt Hilton till her dying days for desecrating me like that :eek:
We watched House of Wax on Halloween. Very confusing. My wife said it's the movie where Paris gets speared through the head, but the version I recall seeing was much different.
:rolleyes:

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
We watched House of Wax on Halloween. Very confusing. My wife said it's the movie where Paris gets speared through the head, but the version I recall seeing was much different.
:rolleyes:
Sweet.... I get it.

I saw it and turned it off, not that I don't like Paris or whatever, I don't care, I just can't support killing the classics, if you can't think of anything new, don't ruin the old.

The only exception was I Am Legend, Will Smith version. Someone had to fix the atrocity which was Omega Man, once a again a good movie in it's own right, but a total separation from the Matheson novel which it is based on.

Dracula is another great example. The only one to get it right was Bram Stoker's Dracula with Reeves and Ryder, all the other ones diverge so much from the story line it's almost unrecognizable, and even then all this "lost love" crap, was never written in. Lugosi ruined vampires by making them European Royalty, granted Dracula was in the novel, but he didn't survive on being suave and cunning, he ate you.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Anyone seen any trash lately? I saw a documentary about weed where everyone was a moron stoner. I hate that. I watched it but didn't even retain the name of the stupid movie.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Anyone seen any trash lately? I saw a documentary about weed where everyone was a moron stoner. I hate that. I watched it but didn't even retain the name of the stupid movie.
Well don't pot smoking people act like moron stoners when their stoned? Kind of like drunk people acting stupid when their drunk.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hmmm indeed.

Well don't pot smoking people act like moron stoners when their stoned? Kind of like drunk people acting stupid when their drunk.
No, to my experience they act like normal people. The minority is morons.

I work in restaurants, if you don't smoke you are the exception, if you don't drink, you are even more so, and if you don't do either, you are me. :(

Stupid growing up, and being broke, and the being the boss. :(

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Hmmm indeed.
No, to my experience they act like normal people. The minority is morons.

I work in restaurants, if you don't smoke you are the exception, if you don't drink, you are even more so, and if you don't do either, you are me. :(

Stupid growing up, and being broke, and the being the boss. :(
Did I understand you correctly that you manage or own a restaurant and you allow them to smoke weed? I find it to crazy to believe that almost everyone at your job smokes weed and drinks. But I admit I obviously don't work in a restaurant or such, but where I do work that kind of thing is not allowed and employees have to go through random drug checks to keep their positions, and I never had to fire anyone due to bad drug check. So maybe I'm just sheltered from that world more then others? I use to smoke weed back in the late 60's early 70's but I only did it for about 4 years and I never inhaled!! ;)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts