Two Spoke Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,354 Posts
I still find it amusing that pot is illegal and alcohol isn't. Rather than argue for or against either, my vote would be to regulate them in the same exact manner, regardless of what that ends up being.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Problem with making a drug like pot legal is where do we stop? Eventually what happens is that every illegal drug becomes legal like Portugal. Does it work to that? unfortunately the results are still mixed. But what may work in one country may not work in another. Here is one study that I found to be interesting, the report is based on true findings and not political findings; click on: The Experience of Foreign Countries and Drug Legalization

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have I drifted onto another thread... ;)

Anyway, worst movie is difficult to judge since I'm pretty good at avoiding bad movies... but I do get caught out. For me, a truly bad movie is one that thinks it's a good movie, thinks it's saying something deep and meaningful. One that immediately springs to mind is 'Good Will Hunting' - offensively bad imho.

On a different scale, a friend persuaded me - against better judgement - to watch 'Austin Powers'. It lasted maybe 20 minutes before I hit the 'Eject' button. It wasn't that I didn't get it (though I'll admit I didn't find it funny) I just found it amateurish, dull and with a single joke.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Did I understand you correctly that you manage or own a restaurant and you allow them to smoke weed? I find it to crazy to believe that almost everyone at your job smokes weed and drinks. But I admit I obviously don't work in a restaurant or such, but where I do work that kind of thing is not allowed and employees have to go through random drug checks to keep their positions, and I never had to fire anyone due to bad drug check. So maybe I'm just sheltered from that world more then others? I use to smoke weed back in the late 60's early 70's but I only did it for about 4 years and I never inhaled!! ;)
Allow? No, I don't allow it, but if I don't turn a blind eye, they will quit.

No drug test in my profession, at least not t the lower levels.

Where do we stop? With Weed.

Have I drifted onto another thread... ;)

Anyway, worst movie is difficult to judge since I'm pretty good at avoiding bad movies... but I do get caught out. For me, a truly bad movie is one that thinks it's a good movie, thinks it's saying something deep and meaningful. One that immediately springs to mind is 'Good Will Hunting' - offensively bad imho.

On a different scale, a friend persuaded me - against better judgement - to watch 'Austin Powers'. It lasted maybe 20 minutes before I hit the 'Eject' button. It wasn't that I didn't get it (though I'll admit I didn't find it funny) I just found it amateurish, dull and with a single joke.
I was young when that came out, so I enjoyed it.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
worst movies ever.... twilight and any related to it! crappy acting, same old story
there was a spoof about them that was kinda funny, so they get some points for leading to a movie that made me only kinda want to kick the crap out of myself for wasting the time to watch it...
oops that was very negative of me, not a real movie person.
i did see a movie about graham obree and it was pretty cool, can not remember the name of it.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Yeah, Stephanie Meyers and everything she has ever done is horrible.

My Vampires are super human blood suckers, they don't want to be friends with me. Her and that moron Anne Rice ruined that though.

·
Premium Member
12,354 Posts
The True Blood vampires would eat those sissy Twilight ones alive. Or dead. Whatever.

I saw the original Hobbit, but have not seen Lord of the Rings, Twilight, Harry Potter, Transformers, some of the newer Star Wars movies, either Tron, or any other geek movie. Which is funny, because I work with a bunch of geeks. They generally speak a foreign language to me.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Allow? No, I don't allow it, but if I don't turn a blind eye, they will quit.

No drug test in my profession, at least not t the lower levels.

Where do we stop? With Weed.
So your afraid the workers will quit if you don't turn a blind eye? You would rather have workers zoning out while working? Why not tell all your workers that you know their smoking pot on the job; and then warn them that in the future it won't be tolerated any longer, and if they continue they will face disciplinary action starting with a day off with no pay followed by week off with no pay for the second offense then dismissal for the third; and if they don't like the new rules then they can leave now. There are plenty of people looking for work so replacing an employee or two won't be difficult. You'll have one or two actually quit to see if you will stand behind what you say, or continue to smoke pot while the others will be watching to see what you do...to find out if your serious. By doing what your doing is telling them you have no backbone so they can run over you because you won't do anything. Your the boss, act like a boss, and show them who's the boss...right now they think their the boss...and their right!!

I realize in the restaurant business there's no drug testing and you don't need to go that far, but bring drugs and doing drugs while at work and on work property should not be tolerated.

Stop at weed? Once the Pandora's box has been opened the others will come out of the box.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Pot is mostly legal here in Denver... They sell it out of Pot stores now.

Movies:pretty much if it has won a "best movie" award...
I will not like it. And so I do not even see these movies anymore.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts