Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if I could edit my bikes in the registry? I've changed quite a few of them since putting them up and now those bikes are all misrepresented. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yeah, that surprises me. No one else should be able to change it, but I should be able to edit my own bike.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
...if I could edit my bikes in the registry? I've changed quite a few of them since putting them up and now those bikes are all misrepresented. Just a thought.
You can. See the box at the top. There is a selection: "Edit title & cycle details"

EDIT: Hmmm, it just occured to me that maybe you can't see that box. Can someone look again and see if it's there? It appears right above the photo.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
You can. See the box at the top. There is a selection: "Edit title & cycle details"

EDIT: Hmmm, it just occured to me that maybe you can't see that box. Can someone look again and see if it's there? It appears right above the photo.
Yeah, Hop. I'm thinking that's just visible to us Mods right now. DBB and Poolie, I'm going to address this with the admin and hopefully they can get it working correctly again.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do see that up there, however when i click it, it tells me i do not not have privileges or to many hours have passed. I think it would be boss if everyone could edit their bikes at will. I know mine go through changes regularly, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mine have changed a lot also, but can't edit it myself to update anything....

Sure wish I could.... hint hint...

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Probably a matter of how rights are granted in vBulletin. To give users rights to edit in a subforum, they would be able to edit their own threads as well as those of other users.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
It's not cool and I will not add another bike to the registry until I have full control over the post.

Newcomers like myself assume we have some control over our posts. DEan writes a welcome PM asking if there are any questions, but refuses to answer this one. This was my only question.

I think people post their bikes with the understanding they can later delete the entry. I think the fact that we can not edit or delete our entries is possibly unethical.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I suspect it's an issue with the board software. You sometimes have to work with what's provided.

·
Registered
927 Posts
unethical?

do explain.

methinks this mountain of yours is a mole-hill.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dunno about unethical but it is annoying. I do a lot of work on my bikes and a few of them have changed quite a bit. I should be able to update them as they progress don't ya think?

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
It's not cool and I will not add another bike to the registry until I have full control over the post.

Newcomers like myself assume we have some control over our posts. DEan writes a welcome PM asking if there are any questions, but refuses to answer this one. This was my only question.

I think people post their bikes with the understanding they can later delete the entry. I think the fact that we can not edit or delete our entries is possibly unethical.

What do you think?

I must have missed it, although I answered all your other questions so I'm not sure why you are suspicious. I don't refuse to answer anyone, that wouldn't make any sense as it comes out on the board, like it has.

I'm implementing some changes right now. One of the features on the list of things to implement is an edit feature for the registry.

Sorry for the hassle, and the confusion, feel free to post your question in this section or send me a pm.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Thanks Dean. Apologies for accusing you of refusing to answer. It would be more accurate to say ignored or overlooked the question the first time I asked. The second time you said you would look into it which I though was a way of dodging the question but you did look into it and changed it! and for that I thank you sir. I'm enjoying the website, I know there's a lot of work involved in running it and I appreciate the fact that you personally welcome new members and solicit feedback.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So has anyone tried this yet? When I go to edit the bike info it looks real great until I get to the bottom and theres no save button. Anyone else getting that or is it just me?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts