Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty interested in the Wounded Warrior project and the Ride 2 Recovery projects since it's one of the ways I can show and do my little insignificant part to support these by riding a few miles with them every year.

Having said that, my Mom sent me this video the other day and I'm so impressed that Bush still spends this much time with our troops, and does so without a lot of media coverage, or his ability to ride the way he does!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TiGYDvc4lU]Wounded Warriors & President Bush (July 4th, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]​

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
He was Governor were I'm from before his presidency, he never seemed like a bad guy till the entire war/economy thing.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Say what you will about his presidency, but I always thought he genuinely cared about our soldiers.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ditto Poolie.
Very kool idea Rola. I will keep that in mind for next year and hope for 1 fairly close. I use to live in Nashville, but unable to go there this year for the ride. Definitely look into it for next year though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
As a current Soldier and a Soldier when President Bush was in office, I always liked him.
now that I see him on a mountain bike and hanging out with our wounded warriors, I like him even more.

He was a Soldiers President, maybe not a big favorite of regular guy civilian, but the Troops respected him.

I watched the video above, then when it ended, youtube gives you a list of other related videos, one I watched was like a blooper real of President Bush - I laughed until I had tears in my eyes, it was so funny... he was cool, but he made up words and tripped all over his tongue a lot - but I liked that about him - he was human. (though not near as awesome as Reagan)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well said Jahwarrior... and a big thanks for serving :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts