Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
What's disgusting is the cop knew a.)that he would have written either the ticket or a warning; and b.)how excessive the fine was. Yet he went ahead and wrote the ticket, on a college-age youth who surely wouldn't have the ability to pay.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
What's disgusting is the cop knew a.)that he would have written either the ticket or a warning; and b.)how excessive the fine was. Yet he went ahead and wrote the ticket, on a college-age youth who surely wouldn't have the ability to pay.
We had something very similar happen down here in St. Pete. A local cyclist while attending a lunch or breakfast with the Mayor and a few others asked what his plans were for making cycling safer. His response was a "bicycle education program."

Which resulted in the police cherry picking the cyclists on a group ride for running a stop sign.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
Here in Montgomery county Ohio (Dayton) The Bike Lawyer found that cyclists were blamed for 71% of all cycling/car crashes as apposed to 51% in other areas. And Dayton is considered a huge cycling town.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here in Montgomery county Ohio (Dayton) The Bike Lawyer found that cyclists were blamed for 71% of all cycling/car crashes as apposed to 51% in other areas. And Dayton is considered a huge cycling town.
And what are the real numbers?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
And what are the real numbers?
Ya got me. I'd figure it'd be about 50/50 like the rest of the area. This was the percentage rate cyclists were blamed/sited by police.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ya got me. I'd figure it'd be about 50/50 like the rest of the area. This was the percentage rate cyclists were blamed/sited by police.
You're probably right in that the numbers are probably more like 50/50 if not slightly higher with cars being at fault more often than cyclists. Not saying that cyclists aren't also responsible. But who actually represents the greater danger? The cyclist who "blows a stop sign/red light" or the motorist who "blows the same stop sign/red light" while either texting or talking on their cell phone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts