Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again. I hate to be a pest but I have another rookie question.

I just got into riding recently like I have explained in my previous questions.

Today was the first consistant long ride I have done yet. I rode all woods, on hills , around obsticles, and some down hills. I learned something about hills today on my ride. Going up them is fairly easy. Find the right gear, and pedal. But going down hills for me was a challenge. Controlling my bicycle going down hills was quite a challenge. But what is concerning me , I am finding that after about a minuite of down hill riding , I am getting pain in my wrists.

I have tried putting most of my weight on my feet and leaning slightly back over the seat. Also , I try to keep my wrists straight , and not depend on my handle bars for support, but they still hurt.

Is there any kind of brace I can use on my hands and wrists to help prevent this , and is there anything I can use as a technique for preventing this?

Thanks

John

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
That's going to require a bit of research on your part. I don't have any links handy, but someone else will chime in soon enough. Basically, you need to get the correct seat height along with fore/aft adjustment, the correct bar height and stem length, and also look for obvious issues with your form that may be causing undue pressure.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I only ride on the road, but I found that first I had to get my seat right, Then my stem lenth and angle. but it took some rideing and lifting small weights on the days I took short ride or no ride. to get my wrist in to shape
Hope whis helps.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well for what its worth, Id guess you have too much weight on your hands and the fit is off. Almost every newbe needs some help getting the fit right. Seat height, handle bar height and fore and aft position of the seat can make a HUGE difference in comfort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts