Two Spoke Forums banner

Wrist support

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  photosbymark 
#1 ·
Hi again. I hate to be a pest but I have another rookie question.

I just got into riding recently like I have explained in my previous questions.

Today was the first consistant long ride I have done yet. I rode all woods, on hills , around obsticles, and some down hills. I learned something about hills today on my ride. Going up them is fairly easy. Find the right gear, and pedal. But going down hills for me was a challenge. Controlling my bicycle going down hills was quite a challenge. But what is concerning me , I am finding that after about a minuite of down hill riding , I am getting pain in my wrists.

I have tried putting most of my weight on my feet and leaning slightly back over the seat. Also , I try to keep my wrists straight , and not depend on my handle bars for support, but they still hurt.

Is there any kind of brace I can use on my hands and wrists to help prevent this , and is there anything I can use as a technique for preventing this?

Thanks

John

See less See more
#4 ·
That's going to require a bit of research on your part. I don't have any links handy, but someone else will chime in soon enough. Basically, you need to get the correct seat height along with fore/aft adjustment, the correct bar height and stem length, and also look for obvious issues with your form that may be causing undue pressure.

#5 ·
I only ride on the road, but I found that first I had to get my seat right, Then my stem lenth and angle. but it took some rideing and lifting small weights on the days I took short ride or no ride. to get my wrist in to shape
Hope whis helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.