Wytze Canondale Prototype

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Nigal, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Has anyone else seen this bike? When I first saw it the thing kind of hurt my eyes because of the severe lines but the more I looked the more I think it's so beautiful.

[​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GYrGyXCAQ]YouTube - Wytze's graduation project for Cannondale[/ame]

2. synack

synack The Back Row

I've never seen it, but I like it. I think it's a great design, beautiful bike!

3. Nigal

I would like to see someone try that handlebar lock in Manhattan. It'd be gone inside of five minutes.

4. Nigal

I did find some stats on the bike:

* The bike in total weighs under 14kgs and this apparently a tradition with Cannondale.
    * Gearing and transmission are fully enclosed, allowing the bicycle to be ridden in formal clothing and at any speed.
    * The hub brakes are self-adjusting to compensate brake pad wear and since the brake lines are integrated into the frame, they can double act as wheel locks by folding the levers into the handlebars.
    * Adjustable handlebars allow for different riding positions and can be folded together for easy storage or used for locking the bicycle securely to a fixed object. Both the headlamp and the taillight are integrated.
    * The concept also contains a modular luggage solution, kickstand and a pedal assist, but these were not yet incorporated in the prototype.

5. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

I like it. Smooth curves. Why's it gotta be for ladies? I need one too.

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Prototype or it's already being produced?

7. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Sweet, I think I have just found my wife's bike. Now to see if it is a prototype and how much it changes when produced. I like it. The enclosed drive train makes it look so sleek. The handlebars are not really necessary to make it but they are neat.