Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen this bike? When I first saw it the thing kind of hurt my eyes because of the severe lines but the more I looked the more I think it's so beautiful.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GYrGyXCAQ]YouTube - Wytze's graduation project for Cannondale[/ame]

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
I've never seen it, but I like it. I think it's a great design, beautiful bike!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to see someone try that handlebar lock in Manhattan. It'd be gone inside of five minutes.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did find some stats on the bike:

* The bike in total weighs under 14kgs and this apparently a tradition with Cannondale.
* Gearing and transmission are fully enclosed, allowing the bicycle to be ridden in formal clothing and at any speed.
* The hub brakes are self-adjusting to compensate brake pad wear and since the brake lines are integrated into the frame, they can double act as wheel locks by folding the levers into the handlebars.
* Adjustable handlebars allow for different riding positions and can be folded together for easy storage or used for locking the bicycle securely to a fixed object. Both the headlamp and the taillight are integrated.
* The concept also contains a modular luggage solution, kickstand and a pedal assist, but these were not yet incorporated in the prototype.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Sweet, I think I have just found my wife's bike. Now to see if it is a prototype and how much it changes when produced. I like it. The enclosed drive train makes it look so sleek. The handlebars are not really necessary to make it but they are neat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts