You Know You Ride a Lot When...

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Nigal, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

You know you ride a lot when you're driving your car over rail road tracks and subconsciously slow down to avoid a pinch flat.

OK, what's yours?

2. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

You lean into a turn, and THEN realize you have to turn the steering wheel.

You catch yourself looking for the "commando" route when caught in a traffic jam.

3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades New Member

I once pointed out debris in the road.:eek: To who, I don't know!:D

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

You know you ride a lot, When strangers come up to you and say arn't you that old guy that rides down Union rd. every morning :rolleyes:

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

You know you ride a lot when your cycling tan carries all the way through a harsh winter!!!!!!

6. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

You know you ride a lot when, as you walk down a crowded sidewalk, you keep checking for overtaking foot traffic in the helmet mirror that isn't there.

7. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals Member

One afternoon while on a bike tour, six of us walked from camp down to the nearby swimming hole to cool off. About halfway back, one of the guys piped up, "hey, look - we're running a double paceline!"

8. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

Ok, that's enough for now.

9. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

You're riding in the car with your wife, glance in the mirror, and yell, "Car back."

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Whenever you get anywhere you go to take your helmet off.

11. Roadster

Roadster New Member

You know you ride a lot when the leather has worn away around the rivets on your Brooks saddle and you have a pattern of 6 dots permanently imprinted on your rear end.

You know you ski and kayak a lot when you try to edge your car tires to carve a turn.

12. CaptainSlow001

CaptainSlow001 New Member

When you know which trails to take to avoid meeting the group head on that you just saw on the other side of the valley.

13. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I've been riding to work for so long now it's gotten to when I drive I'll get multiple people asking me why. :D

14. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I had that, followed by "Your bike got stolen, what are you going to do?" with serious looks of concern on everyone's faces.

Get fat evidently.