Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if you sell one of your motorcycles so that you can upgrade to a nicer bicycle.

If I had a dollar for every person that has told me I'm f__ing crazy for doing this I probably wouldn't need to sell the motorcycle after all. Under better economic conditions there's no way I'd part with one of my toys, but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.

Have narrowed my choice down to a Felt Z5 or a Specialized Roubaix but it's anyone's guess to what I'll actually drag home from the LBS. Headed that way shortly.

I'm stoked!

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
We were just talking about the addiction on Thursday at Dogfish Head after a ride. There were a few of us who have neve sold a bike, including myself. I did sell a frame once.

Good luck at your LBS!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, sold my beloved Harley earlier this year...got a daughter married and most of a new bicycle out of the deal! I guess when it's time, it's time! would anyone laugh at me wearing my Harley t-shirts and riding a Bianchi????

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the newest addition. After riding both the Felt and Roubaix it was a coin toss. Blindfolded I don't think I tell the difference. It came down to Specialized having a better warranty on the frame. Both of course have lifetime defect warranties, but Specialized has a nice replacement policy for the frame if I tear it up. And the kicker for the deal was that someone bought this bike last weekend. Brought back Monday wanting to trade it for a Tarmac so I picked it up for $300 less.

It rides like a dream. Headed down to the basement to install the SPD's now. Can't wait to take it out in the morning.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Here's the newest addition. After riding both the Felt and Roubaix it was a coin toss. Blindfolded I don't think I tell the difference. It came down to Specialized having a better warranty on the frame. Both of course have lifetime defect warranties, but Specialized has a nice replacement policy for the frame if I tear it up. And the kicker for the deal was that someone bought this bike last weekend. Brought back Monday wanting to trade it for a Tarmac so I picked it up for $300 less.

It rides like a dream. Headed down to the basement to install the SPD's now. Can't wait to take it out in the morning.

Your more patient than me. I woulda had it out when I got it home :)

Nice ride BTW:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your more patient than me. I woulda had it out when I got it home :)

Nice ride BTW:thumbsup:
It's been raining on and off all day, but I did put about 10 miles on it while they were tweaking the fit.

·
Two skinny J's
21,512 Posts
Vera Nicea Poolie!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I'm beyond excited about the new ride. Mother nature is not being kind to be today. We need the rain, but a couple hours of dry time this morning would be nice. One way of another I'm going riding today, rain or not.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Sweet ride Pollie Yeah it hasn't been to kind around here weather wise past few days either.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW! Sweet ride Poolie.
I'm in love :D Went out on my normal Monday evening 12 mile ride and nailed down a 17.2 mph avg speed. Normally I'm killing myself to get 15.5 on that route.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
This is a true story, About 15 years ago we were having a birthday party for my wife, and just about to sing happy birthday, when the phone rang. It was the girl acrost the street, she said there was a man laying on our front lawn. We looked out and there he was, bike leaning on the fence and he was face down on the lawn, hart failure. My son inlaw gave him mouth to mouth, but he did not make it. We found out that he was a champion rider from Poland and this was a new bike he just got and had never road befor, He was out trying it out for the first time, he must of over done it. as you can build up some speed on that 1/2 mile slight down hill leading to my house.

So I say to you take it easy the speed will come and enjoy the ride but please don't over do it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the reminder Wild... the bike was begging to be pedaled faster.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts