Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Hammerhead shark! some fisherman caught it and left it on the side of the bike path. going through the florida keys. This may be more common than I'm used to being from the north east and all. It was a small one maybe 2 feet in length.

·
889 Posts
Blown up vehicles and mine fields in Bosnia. Beautiful country though... except for the landmines now and then...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Industry_Hack said:
He's just sleeping. Here in Utah, a lot of deer sleep by the side of the road. It's universal though. I saw tons of sleeping kangaroos in Australia.
Yeah, but with a red nose???

·
215 Posts
Catfish in a tree? How the heck did that thing get there? Was it still alive?

The most wacked thing I saw was while riding my bike, I was looking at the landscape when I thought I saw someone laying the weeds about 25 feet or so from the side of the road, so I stopped and got off and sure enough there was a man laying the weeds. I approached as carefully as I could in case it was a crime scene and kept calling out for him to respond. When I reached him, I was sure he was dead, and dead he was. Apparently he was jogger and died of a heart attack and stumbled down the hill where he came to rest.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
SG78, I would have to say seeing a fish in a tree is pretty odd! But, I would also have to say that catfish don't have scales as the one in the picture appears to have. Looks more like some sort of gar to me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Catfish in a tree? How the heck did that thing get there? Was it still alive?

The most wacked thing I saw was while riding my bike, I was looking at the landscape when I thought I saw someone laying the weeds about 25 feet or so from the side of the road, so I stopped and got off and sure enough there was a man laying the weeds. I approached as carefully as I could in case it was a crime scene and kept calling out for him to respond. When I reached him, I was sure he was dead, and dead he was. Apparently he was jogger and died of a heart attack and stumbled down the hill where he came to rest.
Wow, that's quite a find. I hope I don't ever stumble upon a dead body. That had to have been sobering.

The fish I found in the tree was dead, and appeared to be somewhat decomposed and picked apart by birds and insects. I'm still thinking it was either dropped there by a bird, or perhaps a fisherman put it there after it had died, not knowing what it was. Awfully bizarre.

·
Registered
83 Posts
SG78, I would have to say seeing a fish in a tree is pretty odd! But, I would also have to say that catfish don't have scales as the one in the picture appears to have. Looks more like some sort of gar to me.
I think that was actually what's called an armored catfish, which is actually seen in the waters near that area. That was near the Hillsborough River NE of Tampa. These things didn't look like scales so much as thick plates, consistent with the armored catfish. I'm not an expert on these things, but I'm guessing the fish had been in the tree for 24 hours or so. It had some decomposition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was riding along Foothill on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe and came apon a large herd of deer in the road. I was downwind of them and since I obviously wasn't a "Two Leg" they seemed to think I was some kind of a weird looking cow and paid absolutely no attention to me. I rode slowly through them on the aero bars and I could easily have reached out a touched them. They made eye contact and just went about their business. It was a really unique experience.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Trimule said:
I was riding along Foothill on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe and came apon a large herd of deer in the road. I was downwind of them and since I obviously wasn't a "Two Leg" they seemed to think I was some kind of a weird looking cow and paid absolutely no attention to me. I rode slowly through them on the aero bars and I could easily have reached out a touched them. They made eye contact and just went about their business. It was a really unique experience.
I bet that was an awe inspiring ride.
I'm shocked they didn't startle as you ride through.
I believe you were blessed to have that as one of YOUR life stories.
Were you nervous about riding through them?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts