Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new pet peeve.

When people say "I live the way I do so I have no regrets." WHAT? So we should all be drunk, high, adventure seeking mouth breathers? It's along with that stupid saying "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse." WHAT? I'd like to see my daughter grow up, you know? Are people that pop-culture-infested-invested-short-sighted?

I don't get that. I live my life conservatively and through contemplated decision processes. Despite that, I do have some regrets.

What are yours?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have a new pet peeve.

When people say "I live the way I do so I have no regrets." WHAT? So we should all be drunk, high, adventure seeking mouth breathers? It's along with that stupid saying "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse." WHAT? I'd like to see my daughter grow up, you know? Are people that pop-culture-infested-invested-short-sighted?

I don't get that. I live my life conservatively and through contemplated decision processes. Despite that, I do have some regrets.

What are yours?
How I lived my life in my 20's:eek:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
OMG... I'd have finger cramps from that much typing :eek: In all seriousness, I've done plenty of stupid things in my younger days, some I'm surprised I'm alive to regret.

I sort of understand someone saying that they no regrets only in the sense that I am who I am today, and am where I am today, because of the path I took through life. Some choices made my life harder than it needed to be, but in the end I'm happy where I've landed. Had I studied harder in school I might be posting to a golf forum now instead.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
I have a new pet peeve.

What are yours?
Not even sure where to begin. Biggest regret, giving up a retirement from the Air Force...so stupid! I can say that some things have resulted in great things in all honesty. At one point I can say I almost truly believed that only the good die young...and went out of my way to try and prove it. 4 Years of Holland and Amsterdam, well never mind :cool:

How I lived my life in my 20's:eek:
I'd have to include my teens sadly.....

OMG... I'd have finger cramps from that much typing :eek: In all seriousness, I've done plenty of stupid things in my younger days, some I'm surprised I'm alive to regret.

I sort of understand someone saying that they no regrets only in the sense that I am who I am today, and am where I am today, because of the path I took through live. Some choices made my live harder than it needed to be, but in the end I'm happy where I've landed. Had I studied harder in school I might be posting to a golf forum now instead.
What he said +1 I'll save the cramping for Poolie :D I made some choices in life that... shall we say were "influenced" by factors I should not have been dabbling with :eek:

I have learned not to live by my regrets but appreciate where I'm at in life. I'd love to be rich and retired now but that aint gonna happen. I have 2 great kids, my wife and I live ok with a roof over our heads and for now the bills are payed so for me life has turned out to be pretty GREAT!!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amsterdam? You get that rash cleared up yet or is it still itchy?

My biggest regret is not taking the opportunity to travel when I could have. Granted I spent some time in Italy but I've always wanted to see Utah among other parts of the country.

Now, with work, wife, child, dogs, etc it's a bit much to pick up and go.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Amsterdam? You get that rash cleared up yet or is it still itchy?

My biggest regret is not taking the opportunity to travel when I could have. Granted I spent some time in Italy but I've always wanted to see Utah among other parts of the country.

Now, with work, wife, child, dogs, etc it's a bit much to pick up and go.
lol, no rashes from hashes if ya know what I mean ;)

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Fresh Heineken was a cure for the pretzels, I have no idea what you might be talking about with the brownies :rolleyes::eek:

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Dohhh, called out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts