1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
If money was no object what would your ride be? :D
A custom steel singlespeed with a custom paint job. I have an idea of what I want for paint. The base color would be black with a hop vine wrapping the frame in a Celtic knot pattern. I'm not sure about who I'd have build the frame or paint it. I'd want to talk to a few frame builders before I decide.

-Thomson stem & seatpost
-WTB Devo or Rocket V saddle
-Titanium On One Mary bar, which unfortunately doesn't exist yet. Hopefully, someone will eventually make this type bar in Ti. I love the aluminium version, but it would be nice to have a Ti bar on a rigid singlespeed to soak up some of the harshness.
-Lock on grips (brand to be determined)
-Vicious Cycles rigid fork painted to match frame.
-Black Stan's ZTR 355 650b rims because I already have 5 26" bikes and
29er's are a fad.
-Green King ISO hubs.
-Black DT Swiss or Wheelsmith double butted spokes and brass nipples.
-2.1" Kenda Nevagals or Kenda Small Block Eights.
-Formula R1 disc brakes.
-Maybe the new Gates belt drive, but the jury's still out on that. We'll see how it performs over time. So if I went conventional, I'd probably go with the same drive train that's on my Surly: Green or black 94mm BCD 175mm RaceFace forged square taper Turbine crankset w/32t Surly ss chainring.
-Phil Wood square taper bottom bracket
-King Cog (tooth count will depend on my fitness level at the time of build. Hoping for 16t)
-Sram 8 speed chain.
-Crank Bros Eggbeater SL pedals
-And to to top it all off, a Jen Green head badge--probably some kind of Celtic design.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Any bike that feels good, looks good and I enjoy riding.

I love a bike that feels good and works good.

I keep'em cleaned and oiled and loved.

""""Happy Wheels""""

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Makes me feel good to see my ride is a "dream bike" for others as well. I switched at Christmas from a Look 595 to the SL2 and absolutely love it! It is still super fast, but is also super comfortable. The Look felt like a hardcore race frame all around at the expense of comfort. The SL2 still feels racy, but is also great for all day comfort.

I built it with my Record components from my Look.

CIMG0024.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd settle for a test ride on a carbon bike, just to see what it's like—wouldn't need to own one. (I say that now...)

In a perfect world, I'd love to own a Moots road bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd settle for a test ride on a carbon bike, just to see what it's like—wouldn't need to own one. (I say that now...)

In a perfect world, I'd love to own a Moots road bike.
I road a Spec Roubaix at Solvang TT... DAM, I can't believe it, but I'm gettin ready to order one, not the S-works, but close, oh well..:D.. be careful what you ask for.

DrB

1 - 20 of 25 Posts