Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not me, ya bozo. A real tool used for repairs and maintenance. That 1 tool that is sublime and perfect at what it was designed to do. A pedal wrench? Torque wrench? A set of hex keys? Floor pump? That multi-tool that is much more useful and well designed than your others? A perfect tire lever?

Let's hear what you have!

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Not me, ya bozo. A real tool used for repairs and maintenance. That 1 tool that is sublime and perfect at what it was designed to do. A pedal wrench? Torque wrench? A set of hex keys? Floor pump? That multi-tool that is much more useful and well designed than your others? A perfect tire lever?

Let's hear what you have!
Ya had to ruin a perfectly good thread option right from the get go!

My favorites honestly end up being the ones I use least.

1. Would be the hub dummy that I use for deep cleans and keeps that chain off of the frame whilst doing so.
912B7705-53DD-4C53-B778-0057B23A9CF6.jpeg
9D821583-0259-4EE3-9D36-3F87BCBB9789.jpeg
5A423F0A-4668-462D-B90C-71BC9C6A3986.jpeg

2. Chain brush ( The Grunge Brush) for doing said cleaning. This thing is cheap and effective. I know chain cleaning can be like wearing and not wearing helemts kind of debate and I actaully considered an Ultra sonic cleaner at one point but...nahhhh.
0D9D76E4-5DDC-4F3D-B6EB-0E87DF9D960D.jpeg

3. This little gem is a multi setting torque wrench that is just prefect for most preset torque spec on your bike when breaking out the 1/4 torque wrench seems over kill or when it's in your bag on the road for that...loose head seat or something :D The one brawback to this gen is the fact you need another allen wrench to change the settings but that really prevents it from being moved. Has several bits in the handle to fit most common things on the bike.
1F4F9EDC-9083-4280-A330-ACFEFF738200.jpeg

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
I have a dummy hub and use it every time I clean or work on my bike. However, mine is from Pedro's. I also like the Park Tool chain scrubber but since I've been using Squirt, I soak my chains in mineral spirits. I guess I can use mineral spirits in the chain scrubber but I don't think it will get the chain as clean as an overnight soaking. I also use my Spin Doctor torque wrench a lot.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts