Two Spoke Forums banner

Your Most Recent Purchase (Pic required)

568582 Views 7241 Replies 171 Participants Last post by  Dos_Ruedas
You can learn a lot about someone by what they purchase.

See less See more
1 - 20 of 7242 Posts
I didn't really purchase this except for the hardware, but building a truing stand and actually machining and fabricating the parts from sheets of aluminum and welding them together.
I used a locking shaft from my shopsmith I just finished rebuilding with a stainless turnbuckle cut in half.
I then sheared the aluminum and bent to shape and machined the centering lock on a Bridgeport. Then welded it together. Now have to figure out the truing fingers. So what do you guys think? Any ideas on making the fingers and make them work and move simotaniously, any input would be helpful.
View attachment 15427
View attachment 15421 View attachment 15422 View attachment 15423 View attachment 15424 View attachment 15425 View attachment 15426

Sent from my iPhone using Bike Forum
Just got these in, set of mavic rims. 32 hole for the front and 36 hole for the back. Plus the matching set of Shimano 105 5700 hubs.

View attachment 15484
View attachment 15485

Then just ordered a spoke threader and a tension meter in order to build my own wheels.

View attachment 15486
View attachment 15487

Never done one, pulled them apart and relaced them and handed it and took it into a shop to finish it. But with all the bikes we have, need to learn.

Next time, call fastenal or grainger, both are open to the public. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a couple anyhow for extra. You can also take and cut the 18 mm shorter and chamfer the cut edge.

Just had to break down and get a new saddle since my toupe saddle is just a little toooo hard until I get my weight off and back down under 300 lbs. The avatar is the same as the toupe except for it being just a little thicker but design and shape are real close to the same. Also picked up a 700 lumens light since I can't get to ride until after 7 at night most nights.

View attachment 15622

Still have mine from three years ago and just need new batteries.

Just had to break down and get a new saddle since my toupe saddle is just a little toooo hard until I get my weight off and back down under 300 lbs. The avatar is the same as the toupe except for it being just a little thicker but design and shape are real close to the same. Also picked up a 700 lumens light since I can't get to ride until after 7 at night most nights.

View attachment 15622

Got a chance last night to try it out, worked really good, no discomfort until close to the end of my 10 mile ride. I'll know more after I've ridden a few times more.

View attachment 15740

Just now finished installing these shower doors die to the misses cracking the old set. Sorry it's nothing exciting but it is the last thing I bought and their not really worth the money I paid but it's what the had available.

Just got these in, set of mavic rims. 32 hole for the front and 36 hole for the back. Plus the matching set of Shimano 105 5700 hubs.

View attachment 15484
View attachment 15485

Then just ordered a spoke threader and a tension meter in order to build my own wheels.

View attachment 15486
View attachment 15487

View attachment 15824 View attachment 15825

Just got my spokes in and cut and threaded. Laced them up yesterday and finished them today. First time building and had to start over twice due not being sure of the procedure steps. Did a step out of sequence. But got them done and tensioned and trued within 0.75 mm. Not bad for the first time.

View attachment 15824 View attachment 15825

Just got my spokes in and cut and threaded. Laced them up yesterday and finished them today. First time building and had to start over twice due not being sure of the procedure steps. Did a step out of sequence. But got them done and tensioned and trued within 0.75 mm. Not bad for the first time.

This pic was taken after I finished the front wheel, and before I did the rear. That's why the spokes look bigger gaped around it. But it ended correctly and true within 0.75 mm both laterally and radially. Since it was my first, took them to the LBS and had them checked and everything is correct. I just need to put more tension on both. I'm at 100 kgf and with my weight, he said to get the max you can do for the rims and that means up to 110 kgf.

This pic was taken after I finished the front wheel, and before I did the rear. That's why the spokes look bigger gaped around it. But it ended correctly and true within 0.75 mm both laterally and radially. Since it was my first, took them to the LBS and had them checked and everything is correct. I just need to put more tension on both. I'm at 100 kgf and with my weight, he said to get the max you can do for the rims and that means up to 110 kgf.

Sent from my iPhone using Bike View attachment 15848 Forum

Ok guys, now that I have both wheels trued and tensioned, here's an updated pic. I will say it feels rewarding to be able to build your own wheels. That way if something goes wrong, I'll know what needs to be done to fix it.

View attachment 16029

2013 Specialized Sport. Just got them yesterday and got the cleats moved over. I have an older pair 2010 model of the same shoe, but with gaining weight, I had to go up a size to compensate for that wider foot spread.

Ebay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/310911335508?nav=SEARCH

My son used it last night to clean his bike, and loved how adjustable it was.

Just ordered one after our conversation about yours and I four this one on Google for the same price and the only difference is the legs collapse and fold up for easy storage. View attachment 16044

I was told in order to loose weight, I had to run a high cadence, but all I dad was a basic cycle computer by cateye so I fond this cateye strada at performance bike and with it being on sale, got it and put it on before taking my wife to church. View attachment 16175

^ Very nice talfalfa but who told you that you had to ride at a high cadence to lose weight? It's not quite that simple. It's more dependent on your heart rate and whether you go into the anaerobic zone versus aerobic zone during your ride. If your goal is to lose weight, a heart rate monitor would be more beneficial to you.

I know that the heart rate is a factor, but with the cadence I was doing, I wasn't even really breaking a sweat too much. But if I can some in on a cadence to begin with, like I did tonight, I could tell my heart rate was up. But I'm also getting rings as finances allow. The monitor be next on my list.

I know that the heart rate is a factor, but with the cadence I was doing, I wasn't even really breaking a sweat too much. But if I can some in on a cadence to begin with, like I did tonight, I could tell my heart rate was up. But I'm also getting rings as finances allow. The monitor be next on my list.

Man do I hate autocorrect........it's very difficult to follow a comment at times.

Summer isn't here yet. I do drink more in the summer but it's mostly electrolytes over water. Yesterday, I did drink a 16 oz bottle of electrolytes on my ride. :eek: Even though I don't drink much water due to lack of perspiration, I do have to pay extremely close attention to my core temperature or I can go down very hard in no time. As we get into summer, you'll see me use more cold water on the rides; most of it on me rather than in me.

I take it that you are like my wife? You don't perspire or really drink much water through the day. She'll go all day and not even realize she hasn't eaten or drunk anything. It can be 110 degrees here in Dallas and I'm drenched and she's perfectly dry.

Just got my son a new and a little better bike for his B-Day that's not for another five weeks. It was on sale and clearances. Plus it was the last one they had or cod get in the Dallas area. A 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 flat bar road bike. Going to change the flat bars and stem from the smaller to the 31.8 to match the components on his old bike. View attachment 16515

I was at Bass Pro this afternoon and discovered something that would hold my I-phone with it still being in the otter case. It's from niteize and it wraps around the handlebar or stem and the left over strap stretches over your phone and hooks. View attachment 16840 View attachment 16841 View attachment 16842

Plus it's also a bottle opener.

View attachment 16843

Tried it out tonight and worked great. My son even texted me and I was able to respond without having to stop.

That's a slick iphone holder....not sure about trying to text while riding.

Luckily, I can speak and it records what I say. ( sometimes it gets it right ). Then a simple touch of send and it's off.

1 - 20 of 7242 Posts