Your Most Recent Purchase (Pic required)

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Nigal, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

^ I have had Grizzly wood working machines. They are very good.

newleaf150, rola643 and John_V like this.
  2. Germanrazor

3. MilesR

MilesR Mom's Taxi Tavern Member

You know you are getting old when you get excited about buying a new
    20201124_163354.jpg

4. Germanrazor

^ That’s nice!

John_V likes this.
  5. MilesR

Works better than what it replaced.

John_V and Germanrazor like this.
  6. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

newleaf150, MilesR and John_V like this.
  7. Germanrazor

Can it vacuum bare wood floors too? My Dyson Animal we have had for years and has done great. Just don’t know how much longer that bad boy has.

newleaf150 and John_V like this.
  8. Germanrazor

Got these for my daughter and her new mtn. bike. Not top of the line but good ratings for sure.

6F9A67E0-F41D-432D-8D23-439F36E5A8FF.jpeg

9. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

Some man sh*t right there

rola643 and Germanrazor like this.
  10. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

So these are more of a historical purchase just because I've had them for 2 seasons this year. I ordered those, arm sleeves and knee warmers along with a kit purchase from Jackroo and far and away these have been the best fitting and non stretching items I've bought and lord knows I've spent a few pennies n some of this stuff.

Anyway, I love these shoe covers! There not meant for winter riding by any means but when it's 60ish degrees these are the ticket! SUPER disappointed in some PI toe warners I bought last year. So, I grab these and slip them on and for the fall wether we are currently having they are they ticket!

IMG_2828.jpg

11. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

What brand is that kit you like so much @rola

John_V likes this.
  12. MilesR

I haven't tried it on anything but carpet. It does have a setting for hard surface. 20201128_102824.jpg

newleaf150, Germanrazor and John_V like this.
  13. rola643

Jackroo -https://www.jakroo.com/us/cycling.html

I've ridden in most major brands that I'm aware of short of ASSOS. I could never stomach the price even tho the value is probably there. I've liked Hincappies stuff but that seems hit and miss honestly. I have one pair that didn't even last a year and have been relegated to the trainer

These kits fit well and seem to have good wear so far.

newleaf150, Dos_Ruedas and John_V like this.
  14. rola643

It will be my first, I'm glad to hear that. They seem to consistently rate well. If I like it I'm considering a jointer from them as well.

My work life revolves around such tight time limits on things. i've found I like something that forces me to slow down and think about process. I've done my job so long now that things are mostly robotic and automatic with not much thought process...generally. There's always that trouble call that makes you scratch your head and kills my production time :D

15. MilesR

It no longer works better than what it replace. According to the manual, it has a blockage in the hose routing. There is no blockage. The other choice is overheating. If it overheats that fast it is totally useless. Letting it sit for an hour didn't help. Costco didn't send a packing list with the item, so I may not be able to return it.

John_V likes this.
  16. Germanrazor

WHAT!!!

newleaf150 and John_V like this.
  17. rola643

Whereas these...I put them on to ride the other day and they were falling down before I got out of the door. I'd GIVE somebody 5 bucks to take these POS knee warmers :D
    IMG_2862.jpg

newleaf150, John_V and Germanrazor like this.
  18. Germanrazor

^ BWAAAAA HA HA

John_V likes this.
  19. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

The last of this order came in yesterday so I thought I would go out and try them out on this morning's ride. I must say I was very impressed. Certainly much better than what I expected.

A Vidonn F1 Bluetooth Bone Conduction headset, a new MP3 player that comes with a clip attachment or a wristband attachment and a case to carry everything in. I got tired of my ear buds falling out of my ears during a ride and the fact that I could only wear one so I could hear surrounding sound my Bolt when the radar picks up a car approaching.

The true test came this morning when we pulled out of the parking lot and onto the bike path to the subdivision. Had the music going and as soon as I turned onto the bike path, the Bolt sends out a beep, from the radar detecting a car, and it was crystal clear. No problems hearing the other beeps or carrying on a conversation and not one BT dropout. The only issue is my small head and the helmet that causes the headphones to move around under certain conditions. I have to play around with that and see if I can find a solution.

IMG_0794.jpg

20. rola643