Kore Durox 31.8/760mm/20mm riser bars
Kore_dorox_hndlbr.jpg

Kore 27.2/350mm seatpost - only 1 not 3 of them
Kore_post.jpg

Kore 31.8/95mm/1 1/8 stem
Kore_stem.jpg

FSA 44mm zerostack sealed bearing headset
Hdset.jpg

Alivio 9 spd rapidfire plus shifter (already had rr der)
20210203_125051.jpg

HG50 9spd 11/32 cassette
HG1132cass.jpg

WTB seat, CF rigid disc MTB fork, unused blue Oury lockon grips, Deore disc wheelset, Avid bb7 mech discs, LX servo wave levers, Schwalbe nobby nic tires, Deore cranks, XT bb & chain on hand or from donor bike...........

·
Two skinny J's
21,370 Posts
Got most of the out feed table finished the other night, pretty happy with it so far. Still needs a ton of work

I got this Grizzly bandsaw several months ago and just today got it setup and tried it out. LOVE this thing. favorite tool in the woodshed already!

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,936 Posts
Working on something in another thread here that I hope will become a most recent purchase..................

2015 Rocky Mountain Altitude 799 MSL
altitude_799_msl.jpg

·
Old, fat, and slow
805 Posts
yep, did it.......^^^^^^^^
Not sure there is enough front travel for the kind of aerial antics which you favor .... that can't be more than seven inches.

(It actually looks a lot like my ancient Rize--with meatier tires, and a CF frame .... don't expect Me to be jealous--not me.)

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,936 Posts
Actually it's only 150mm travel front and back so the 3 story air will have to wait....................... :cry:

Trying NOT to order Oury lockons, new cassette/chain/chainring before it gets here. Rest will have to be scrutinized upon arrival. It appears to have custom Rockshox setup...maybe Pike RCT3. Here is pic of actual bike.............

RMA799MSL.jpeg
RMA799MSL_2.jpeg
RMA799MSL_3.jpeg
RMA799MSL_4.jpeg

·
Two skinny J's
21,370 Posts
Friend burned this for me and the wood shed. It's 32X14.5 picture makes it look small.

·
Two skinny J's
21,370 Posts
Reactions: John_V and maelochs

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
If you haven’t already put those magnifiers on your glasses, take it from someone who’s tried them. Put them on a cheap pair of glasses. If they don’t work and you have to take them off, it won’t ruin your good glasses. And when putting them on, make sure you get the surface the lens very clean and have a fan (at low speed) blowing across them when you apply the magnifiers. It’s extremely annoying to have a bubble with a spec of dirt/dust to look at constantly.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,936 Posts
Coupla Panaracer Ribmo 700x25 tires for the Allez road bike. Old ones have cracks, no trust them.

ribmo.jpg

I didn't get them because Ribmo stands for Ride Bikes More........it didn't hurt tho. Got them because of great reviews, puncture protection, actual tread vs slicks, reasonable weight and price. Rolling resistance good from 60-100 psi. Comfort vs old tires.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Got this drone, been holding off getting one for many, many years as I know I'll spend too much time messing with it since it encompasses a number of my interests - the outdoors, airplanes and flight, electronics, and photography/videography.

Anyway, this runs about 20 minutes per battery (I have two batteries) and has a follow me option and an automatic orbiting action as well as the ability to follow waypoints. All of which I think will be useful for videos of some of my favorite mountain biking sections. It will also autoland back at the location where it took off when on low power.

Follow me option I am still working on learning how to set - the ability of something that small to do pattern recognition is pretty amazing but it's hard to get a lock, think I am not doing it quite right.

The automatic orbiting works perfectly - as it does its loop it turns to keep the main camera always pointed at the center point of the orbit.

Have not tried the waypoint marking yet.

Some good candidates for footage are a trail section that goes along high cliffs along the edge of Lake Ontario and at another trail a section where a trail goes directly through the ruins of an old mill along the shoreline of the Black River and then right past the ruins it takes a sharp left-hand turn left at the edge of a cliff (which is on the edge of the Black River at a very turbulent section with lots of rapids - going over the edge means drowning in the rapids and/or death from being rammed against the stones under the rapids).

Secondarily I will probably do some aerial footage of various trailheads and such to add to my local trails website, and interesting trail features taken from altitude (waterfalls, ruins, viewing areas, etc).

Unfortunately, the camera isn't quite as good as I thought it would be but it is adequate, it is on a gimbal.

Small enough to fit in a small backpack or pack. Pic below shows it with the protectors at the end of the rotors, I have since taken those off. It flies beautifully, and I even flew it (stupidly) in winds with 18 MPH gusts and it fought well against them to come back. It also has a fixed belly-mount camera that is mostly used for terrain-following but can also take photos. There is also a VR mode for using it with VR glassess.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,936 Posts
I have a similar one minus the cool waypoint, orbiting and return on low battery. It will let me use old cell fon to fly it but haven't found it to be useful other than toy. Brother in law has one that has like some crazy range and flight time and resolution. He flew it from his house and filmed something 5 miles away via GPS. Mine isn't strong enough to deal with the wind sometimes, lol. Crashed it on neighbors roof but luckily it tumbled down to earth so I could retrieve it. Didn't catch on fire or anything but had to score a coupla parts to fix it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Holy crap - 5 miles is substantial! That's got to be commercial quality, license and everything.

This one I have has a range on the phone screen of about 984 feet (best case scenario) but the actual distance it can be flown is around 1200 feet+ - but at that distance it's nearly impossible to see with the naked eye and without being able to see through the screen it's hard to do anything at that distance, safetly. Basically to go that distance I have to just shoot it up to the max altitude (or distance and altitude), I then lose visual and screen and just wait until it can't go any further and press the buttons to take video and photos, then press the auto-return button to let it come back by itself (or it will start back on its own).

I have a similar one minus the cool waypoint, orbiting and return on low battery. It will let me use old cell fon to fly it but haven't found it to be useful other than toy. Brother in law has one that has like some crazy range and flight time and resolution. He flew it from his house and filmed something 5 miles away via GPS. Mine isn't strong enough to deal with the wind sometimes, lol. Crashed it on neighbors roof but luckily it tumbled down to earth so I could retrieve it. Didn't catch on fire or anything but had to score a coupla parts to fix it.

6821 - 6840 of 6881 Posts